Bo Knows...Dont tell Anyone

TCQ

I was home from work yesterday and my mom called me. She said she went to get her nails done, and low and behold Bo Jackson is sitting next to her getting a pedicure. If that wasnt funny enough he gets a phone call and he says O, im just running some errands...Ill be back in a little bit. I live in suburban Chicago in the same town as Bo, I even went to the same high school as his kids, so this is entirely reasonable to me.

Anyone else got any Sox player encounters? :gosox3:

ive had a remarkable stretch of running into sports figures in airports.....sat next to jerry krause waiting for a flight, was behind bob costas in secruity line, saw hunter hillenmeyer, bruce weber, waited in line to board the plane with brian urlachers brother casey, all this in the last 2 or 3 years

about 6 months when the cavs were in boston i ran into drew gooden, donyell marshall, daniel gibson at some bar...

oh haha my brother was driving next to hester in his pimpmobile with the LV logos the other day

Thought of another one. This wasnt directly me but my sisters friend is a pizza delivery guy. he delivers in Hinsdale which is where Jim Thome lives. He said he had a 20 dollar delivery and Jimmy tipped him twenty bucks.

Saw Ozzie at the airport. Signed my hat.

Not that he's a Sock, but coming out of the Bulls game I saw Hester in his red/maroon Escalade to my right, and then right in front of me was Jeter. I assume it was him because 1. it was a Bentley 2. it had Michigan plates and 3. the only thing on the license plate was "2".

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
One time I saw Contreras walking out of an AARP office...and that was like 6 years ago.

:lol: Nicely done...

Kobe Bryant was a few pews back from me at church when the Lakers were in town playing the Grizzlies a few years ago.

Met Bart Starr and Jim Taylor (would have been cooler if I didn't hate the Packers, lol) at a Golf outing at the country club I work at. Taylor let me put on his Super Bowl I ring.

Woody Paige stopped by my fraternity house last year before the UT-Florida game b/c Paige was in my fraternity.

I saw the Little Hurt Craig Grebek in the food court at the Thompson Center several years ago. He was with a woman who I assume was his wife since she was highly pregnant.

As a kid, I ran into Billy Williams at the Chi Chi's in front of Venture in Oak Brook Terrace many many years ago. He was really nice nad signed his autograph for me. Chi Chi's and Venture are now defunct franchises and the site is now home to a Home Depot.

I also saw Tom Paciorek at the Lincoln Park zoo when I was a wee lad.

Edited by Pants Rowland

When Lance Johnson was traded to the Cubs, I saw him at the Patio off Rt 83...I pulled my car up right behind his as he was tryng to leave, I jumped out and got his autograph...I told him welcome back to Chicago even though you are wearing the wrong colors...he said I know what you mean dawg!

Met Ozzie we were having dinner at the same place.

Met Fisk. as I went to Grade with his son Casey.

Met John Cangelosi as he likes to wet his whistle at the same watering hole I frequent for football. (he even bought me a cple beers and I got him a shot)

Gabmled with Frank Thomas at the Hard Rock in Vegas (playing blackjack..he later moved to the VIP tables)

QUOTE (alexgtp @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Met Ozzie we were having dinner at the same place.

Met Fisk. as I went to Grade with his son Casey.

Met John Cangelosi as he likes to wet his whistle at the same watering hole I frequent for football. (he even bought me a cple beers and I got him a shot)

Gabmled with Frank Thomas at the Hard Rock in Vegas (playing blackjack..he later moved to the VIP tables)

Forgot to mention, I play college baseball and take hitting instructions when im home from John Cangelosi, great guy.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
One time I saw Contreras walking out of an AARP office...and that was like 6 years ago.

NICE!!! Still laughing! You really got me with this one! One of the better ones that I read in quite a while.