6/21 Game Thread Sox @ Cubs

SoxPride56

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
Unforutanely, only one team in the NL can score with the Cubs and its the Phillies, and unfortuntely they can't pitch that well--starters wise.

Cole Hamels dominates them, at least.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
What a pathetic call, that was one of the worst calls on a check swing I have ever seen.

Bad umpiring has raided these past 2 games. Especially this one.

You can still hear the buzz in that stadium over the embarrassing inning.

Must be horrid to be a Sox fan in Wrigley today, especially after we led early.

Must feel like they got hit with a hammer in the head and now all the mocking.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
What a pathetic call, that was one of the worst calls on a check swing I have ever seen.

No kidding. It wasn't even a borderline call. The bat didn't come anywhere close to crossing homeplate and it was practically angled at 45 degres.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
What more does Dempster have to do to get any credit on this board? He's been a top 10 starter in all of baseball this season. There's just as good of a chance of him keeping it up all season as Floyd or Danks.

History of injuries, hasn't pitched over 100 innings in over 5 years, his ERA+ for his career is below league average. Just a few thoughts as to why people might think he isn't going to be that good all year.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
No kidding. It wasn't even a borderline call. The bat didn't come anywhere close to crossing homeplate and it was practically angled at 45 degres.

Yeap, these umpires blow.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)

You couldn't pay me $1,000 to go to a game at Wrigley, no matter who they're playing.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
History of injuries, hasn't pitched over 100 innings in over 5 years, his ERA+ for his career is below league average. Just a few thoughts as to why people might think he isn't going to be that good all year.

I bet people have the same thoughts about Floyd and Danks.

QUOTE (Cowch @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
I'm gonna say we tie it up this inning! :headbang

Yes because they're going to trot out Phil Dumatrait and let him give us 6 runs so we can lead in the game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)

I'm embarrassed just sitting in my basement watching the game, I can't imagine how the Sox fans in Wrigley feel.

It's good to know if we miss the playoffs at the end of the season, this series will be the moment everyone looks at.

We better win tomorrow. Cubs series aside, show yourself to be a f***ing first place team. Jesus.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
Cole Hamels dominates them, at least.

In a 7 game series that's two wins, they need to find two more and it ain't coming from Moyer or Eaton or basically whoever they throw out there. In all honesty, the Cubs have to be considered the clear favorites for the NL and really I don't see anyone stopping them. They are just so good offensively and they don't even have Soriano. Their staff is solid with Z, Dempster and Gallagher who i think is the third best and the end of the pen is dominate. God, i hate them, but they are really really good.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)

As RockRaines and a few others were stating in the Cubs thread, Dempster's seemed to have found the "fountain of youth". Maybe it's the same magic that Soto and Gallagher (who went from throwing 91 mph last season to 95 mph this season) found. I'm always suspicious of older players that bounce back from surgeries and seem to have found a lot of success. It's also a reason that I think we'll see older players hit the wall more quickly in the past, as players that don't take performance enhancers will age like they're actually supposed to (case in point, Thome).

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
Watching the cubs use the whole field makes me sick as a fan. Because I know that our team has no concept of how to attack a team in this fashion. Our one trick pony offense is going to be the end of us this year.

Greg Walker needs to f***ing go!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
We're 9 outs away from ending this miserable game.

Best thing I've heard all day.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
Yeah. They also payed the Sox hitters to try to hit HR after HR. :chair

It's a shame we fail and they succeed.