A great Big THANK YOU!

spataro51

I had a feeling this would happen after the 1st game. They lose a tough game like that when they had it at hand...pissed away multiple opportunities...and curl up in a fetal position the rest of the series. They did it in Toronto...Tampa...Detroit..and now at Wrigley. This team really has no LEADERS WITH NADS!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
Another thing that people don't realize is that road records around the league are bad. I think Morgan said that only five teams have winning records on the road, and a week ago there were only three. The fact that MLB now tests for amphetamines is probably part of the reason.

In this case I'm sure driving to a different spot in the city 8 miles to the north was just murderous.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
In this case I'm sure driving to a different spot in the city 8 miles to the north was just murderous.

I think there is more to it then that. It's still a ballpark the players aren't quite familiar with. From the wind to the clubhouse. The Cubs do have more of a home field advantage, as do the Red Sox, than other teams around the league. Aramis Ramirez hit a homer off Octavio Dotel in game 2 that was an obvious pop-up. He stood at the plate knowing it was going over the fence. There is a thread up about the "true" distance of the homers hit in the series. The Sox pounded theirs out. The Cubs didn't. If somebody sat there and told me that it is just dumb luck to catch all those jet-streams, I wouldn't believe them. They know something their opponents don't. It's not an aberration that the Cubs struggle on the road. That said, they still kicked the s*** out of the Sox. There are no excuses for that.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 12:03 AM)
I think there is more to it then that. It's still a ballpark the players aren't quite familiar with. From the wind to the clubhouse. The Cubs do have more of a home field advantage, as do the Red Sox, than other teams around the league. Aramis Ramirez hit a homer off Octavio Dotel in game 2 that was an obvious pop-up. He stood at the plate knowing it was going over the fence. There is a thread up about the "true" distance of the homers hit in the series. The Sox pounded theirs out. The Cubs didn't. If somebody sat there and told me that it is just dumb luck to catch all those jet-streams, I wouldn't believe them. They know something their opponents don't. It's not an aberration that the Cubs struggle on the road. That said, they still kicked the s*** out of the Sox. There are no excuses for that.

Oh I'm not denying that the Cubs know how to play Wrigley better than the Sox. But fatigue can't be a factor here. That's just funny to me.

I had a feeling this would happen after the 1st game. They lose a tough game like that when they had it at hand...pissed away multiple opportunities...and curl up in a fetal position the rest of the series. They did it in Toronto...Tampa...Detroit..and now at Wrigley. This team really has no LEADERS WITH NADS!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly wanne.

I tend to agree with your posts.

It was obvious after Game One.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)

Just wait 'till our sweet-swinging .691 OPS first baseman gets back in the lineup. Can you say domination?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)

Was Swisher supposed to be that guy? Cabrera? Konerko wears the C, but he's not a vocal leader. In 2005, a lot of people say it was Rowand. Either way, I don't see many people busting ass like they did that one special year.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)

Our park plays small as well. I have been to a lot of game at the cell where a popup just keeps going. Our left field faces the lake and the ball flys out to left and center like a bullet. Check out the park factors. Our guys didnt hit the ball hard. Popups and grounders dont fly out, no matter what the jet stream is doing. Wrigley should of been a perfect match for our offense.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)

I'm not saying it is, but road records are down in all of MLB. Not to mention the Cubs are the best home team in the league.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
We know, we know.

But honestly, nobody besides you and Tony support that BS. To now be now 17-23 on the road after we were just 17-14 on the road is fantastic, right? To now be only 1.5 games up after just being 6.5 games up is fine, right? To not be able to open a local newspaper, flip on a local sports news station, or even ESPN itself is good, right? To hear it from a bunch of yuppy-f***s is fine, right?

Sweet.

It's OK guys. We're fine. As long as we're in first, it's cool. Even if we lose 10 in a row with an 11 game lead is fine, too, right?

:headbang :notworthy

Please, they're far from the only 2 who believe that.

This team certainly has issues but if you're biggest problem is that ESPN is going to bash our team then you need to stop following sports. Who gives a s*** what the morons from ESPN or the local radio stations think?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
Just wait 'till our sweet-swinging .691 OPS first baseman gets back in the lineup. Can you say domination?

The DH with an .816 OPS will actually help though, especially when he's swinging a hot stick.

-----

I'm glad I generally avoided the board this weekend, because I knew this place was going to be a ticking time bomb. It was. Let's call it a season, until the next time they sweep someone and they're 2.5 games in first, and then it's off to the races again.

With the way we have been playing on the road and vs the Cubs lately, its HUGE to win 2 out of 3 vs the Dodgers and come back home and win 2 out of 3 vs the Cubs. If we cant accomplish those 2 things, yea i will officially say this team is in big trouble. But right now, were still up in 1st and its not even July yet, still pleanty of time to right the wrongs, but than i guess there is pleanty of games to suck like we did this week end.....

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 04:19 AM)
The DH with an .816 OPS will actually help though, especially when he's swinging a hot stick.

-----

I'm glad I generally avoided the board this weekend, because I knew this place was going to be a ticking time bomb. It was. Let's call it a season, until the next time they sweep someone and they're 2.5 games in first, and then it's off to the races again.

I know Thome will help. Konerko should help, too. I was just poking fun at our captain's leadership skills (which is what Wanne was talking about).

On the other hand, Wise swung the bat well the last 2 days so it's not like you can say having Konerko or Thome would have made much of a difference (although Anderson killed us on Friday). Just like not having Soriano in the lineup wasn't a big loss for the Cubs because Eric Patterson killed us.

Wise was 3-6, 1 HR, 2 BB in the series. Like I said before, Wise is nothing special, but he has been hot in the minors so we may just catch some lightning in a bottle with this guy for a few weeks. He really should be taking Anderson's ABs.

Well i must say i feel a little bit better today......i had to avoid all newspapers, sports radio, tv etc.......especially didn't want to hear mike murphey as he is on right now. I hoped the sox didn't have an off today for the fact that we can get right back into it against LA and try to put this behind us. But on the flip side, maybe an extra day of the team feeling crappy right now will wake them up and come back with avengence starting tomorrow. i am putting my prediction out there that the sox will take 2 of 3 against them this weekend. but lets take care of the dodgers first as stopping this losing streak on the road is our first priority.

It's always good to lose three games to the team beneath you in the standings in three games, right?

Just as it is to lose three games to the best team in the national league, one in front of a national audience, all the while your VAUNTED pitching staff wets itself in two straight games.

Really an embarrassing weekend to be a White Sox fan.

kobe-thinking.jpgThey wet the bed, and I mean a big one. One you just cant throw a towel over either.