Sox @ Dodgers Game 2 Floyd vs Stults 9:10

letsgoarow

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted we've played like crap, but I can't stand these interleague matchups. Minnesota has had the luxury of playing the Nationals and Padres. What a complete joke.

Why are they even playing Washington? Why did we play Colorado. These matchups are just stupid.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
Granted we've played like crap, but I can't stand these interleague matchups. Minnesota has had the luxury of playing the Nationals and Padres. What a complete joke.

Why are they even playing Washington? Why did we play Colorado. These matchups are just stupid.

It's not there's a big difference between Colorado/Dodgers vs. Nationals/Pads. Only difference is Sox will be 2-3 against those teams and Minnesota will be 5-0 after tonight.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:27 AM)

How about the Cubs not getting the Yanks or Red Sox? I heard someone mention they made some match-ups during interleague play to try and boost attendance. By that, they had the Red Sox/Yanks go play at locations that normally don't have big attendance. I haven't really looked into it, but that's an interesting concept.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)

In the past 5 or 6 years I think only once have we had an easier interleague schedule than Minnesota. I always look into that. Partially it was because the Brewers were bad and the Cubs were good, but other teams it seems like they get a break on as well.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:29 PM)
It's not there's a big difference between Colorado/Dodgers vs. Nationals/Pads. Only difference is Sox will be 2-3 against those teams and Minnesota will be 5-0 after tonight.

Lately there has been. The Nationals are a AAA team, and San Diego has been horrid all season long.

The Rockies have been playing better of late, and I still think the Dodgers are good enough to win the NL West.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
Lately there has been. The Nationals are a AAA team, and San Diego has been horrid all season long.

The Rockies have been playing better of late, and I still think the Dodgers are good enough to win the NL West.

Rockies just got swept in KC. C'mon. Dodgers lost 2 of 3 against Cleveland. They are all terrible teams.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:32 AM)

How about just the bad luck that the Cubs are the best team in baseball, and we have to play them 6 times. Hopefully the Brewers play well at Minnesota this weekend. Sheets will be pitching one of the games.

we also got the Pirates and they go the division leading Diamondbacks, but once again, the Diamondbacks are playing horrible right now. Part of the schedule is playing the teams at the right time.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
Rockies just got swept in KC. C'mon. Dodgers lost 2 of 3 against Cleveland. They are all terrible teams.

A Kansas City team that is 9-1 in their last 10.

As another poster said, this isn't the first season which the Twins have matched up against piss poor opponents.

Other teams in different divisions have the same disadvantage. This is why interleague play is stupid. Play your rival 3 times a year, and maybe one other series. That's more than enough.

Edited by CWSOX45

Honestly, I'm not worried about the Twins long term. I don't believe they have the starting pitching to last the rest of the season. As a scout told my brother, if the Twins win, it's more because the Sox and Tigers struggled during the 2nd half of the season than the Twins going out and running away with the division.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
Honestly, I'm not worried about the Twins long term. I don't believe they have the starting pitching to last the rest of the season. As a scout told my brother, if the Twins win, it's more because the Sox and Tigers struggled during the 2nd half of the season than the Twins going out and running away with the division.

I am starting to get the idea that our pitching isn't all that great either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)

I agree. I think they're going to fade down the stretch, especially away from the Twinkie dome.

I'm just so frustrated with these interleague games. I could care less about any of these matchups.

It needs to be restructured. I'd much rather see us play teams from the AL East or West as opposed to NL teams. I wouldn't even mind more inter-division games.

These games are meaningless to me.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 26, 2008 -> 04:40 AM)
I am starting to get the idea that our pitching isn't all that great either.

I absolutely agree with this....I can't believe how stressful their innings have been, and what type of stress that's put on their arms so far.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:41 PM)
I agree. I think they're going to fade down the stretch, especially away from the Twinkie dome.

I'm just so frustrated with these interleague games. I could care less about any of these matchups.

It needs to be restructured. I'd much rather see us play teams from the AL East or West as opposed to NL teams. I wouldn't even mind more inter-division games.

These games are meaningless to me.

How is playing the Dodgers any less meaningful than playing the Mariners or Rangers?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 10:43 PM)
How is playing the Dodgers any less meaningful than playing the Mariners or Rangers?

Easy.

Because both of those teams are in our league....and at one point we may possibly be competing against them for a wildcard spot. (Even though we are not this year.)

Beating teams in the same league will have a more direct impact on the pennant race than playing the Nationals, Astros, Reds etc.