White Sox Winner

whitesoxbrian

Screw those freaking losers. Nice to get them back. Let's make it an epically great home stand now this week. That's all I got, except it was nice to see BA contribute and Mark is on fire. Also, what a terrible move by Trammel to not bring in Cotts to face Thome in the 8th. Glad he did it though. Keep it up, fellas.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty refreshing to have only heard Cubs fans singing their song 4 times in the last 4 series they've had.

Interleague play helped wreck us last year. 10-5 with three sweeps is probably not the best we could have done (Rockies), but I'll take it and run. Whatever the hell the Twins and Tigers are doing right now makes this nice, but not quite as nice as it should have felt. Good to see Cuddyer and Mags down for a little though.

Edited by ChiSox35

“It will be a different Monday in Chicago,” Guillen said after the Sox exacted revenge with a 5-1 victory to complete their first three-game sweep of the Cubs at U.S. Cellular Field, payback for the Cubs’ sweep at Wrigley Field a week earlier.

“I bet you White Sox fans can’t wait to get up and go to work,” Guillen said. “I know it was tough for them last weekend. It’s nice to see the fans get a smile on their faces.”

That's what Oz said in the Trib. How can you not love this guy? For all who blast him, they should praise his moves in this series.

Great sweep, Sox.

It took talent and some balls to win on Friday after the Flubs swept us in Wrigley and had nothing to lose entering this series.

Then Saturday was a nice victory in a game we could have lost, but didn't.

Tonight was as great as last Sunday was bad.

Mark, Quentin, Anderson, Thome, et. all.

I don't care what anybody says. Anderson is getting better. He contributes at times now and that wasn't the case during

his first disastrous stint with the Sox.

WIth Minnesota good and Detroit now playing like everybody expected, we still could fade big time.

It's a marathon.

But for this weekend, wow. 3-3 is prett nice after last year's 1-5 and after last weekend's horrid series.

CONGRATS SOX and Oz. And KW. Good series.

Already got one text, stating glad your happy you beat 2 of our minor league pitchers. Will probably hear more tomorrow at work. Funny, I guess we're suppose to lose to these minor league pitchers. Can't stand these fans, not the players on their team, but the fans.

Swish's Power Slide was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. He turned into f***ing Jack Bauer there for a second Haha

If he was able to tag out Edmonds it would have been even better.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
I seem to remember a few posters saying we should enjoy that last Dodgers win, because it would be the last time we were in first. Is that right?

:)

I don't understand why that thread was closed. I didn't then, I don't now.

Before Alexi took over at 2B, there were two undeniable facts:

1. Uribe was playing a fantastic 2B defensively.

2. Alexi was somewhat shaky out there.

Even Ozzie, who knows something about playing middle infield, made several comments about Alexi's defense at the time. Now Alexi has settled in and got comfortable and his many and varied skills are rising to the surface. He's turned out to be a rare find and kudoes to the Sox for stepping up and sign him. But until, he actually showed he could be a good defensive 2B, he was an unknown quantity.

EDIT: I meant to quote Max's last post.

Edited by YASNY

Game notes

The all-time series is tied 33-33. ... The crowd of 39,573 was the third straight sellout and sixth of the season for the White Sox. There were several fights in the stands. ... The White Sox turned four double plays Sunday night.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
I know Lou is arch enemy's manager...but I really like Lou. He's funny as s***....and not too shabby a manager.

+1

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Interleague play helped wreck us last year. 10-5 with three sweeps is probably not the best we could have done (Rockies), but I'll take it and run.

Agreed. Outside of the Rockies series, I'm pretty happy. Splitting six games with the best team in the NL isn't bad at all.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 02:48 AM)
Before Alexi took over at 2B, there were two undeniable facts:

1. Uribe was playing a fantastic 2B defensively.

2. Alexi was somewhat shaky out there.

Even Ozzie, who knows something about playing middle infield, made several comments about Alexi's defense at the time. Now Alexi has settled in and got comfortable and his many and varied skills are rising to the surface. He's turned out to be a rare find and kudoes to the Sox for stepping up and sign him. But until, he actually showed he could be a good defensive 2B, he was an unknown quantity.

Alexei is much less of a defensive downgrade that I thought he'd be. And I really like having Juan as a defensively-solid 4th infielder.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 08:48 AM)
+1

Agreed. Outside of the Rockies series, I'm pretty happy. Splitting six games with the best team in the NL isn't bad at all.

Alexei is much less of a defensive downgrade that I thought he'd be. And I really like having Juan as a defensively-solid 4th infielder.

I wouldn't even call him a downgrade. He has a different skill set than Juan, but he's really opened my eyes.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
I wouldn't even call him a downgrade. He has a different skill set than Juan, but he's really opened my eyes.

thoughts of that sick double play come to mind... :)

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
Anyone see the Tribune sunday? Shows about a fight that happened in the stands.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....owdown-o-1.html

Interesting. A guy picks up money that falls from a woman's purse, gets called out on it, refuses to give it back, and gets pummeled by both team's fans.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
Interesting. A guy picks up money that falls from a woman's purse, gets called out on it, refuses to give it back, and gets pummeled by both team's fans.

A well deserved pummeling. This was a pregnant lady. He was basically stealing that kid's baby food. Sox fan or not, the man is a tool.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
What a great weekend! Now lets keep it up vs the Tribe.... Hopefully Detroit wins 2 of 3 vs Minny and we win all 3 vs the Tribe to cushin that lead a bit.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the Twins pushing the Tigers back a little as the Sox take care of the Indians. I know the Twins will fade, I can't say the same thing for Detroit. :gosox1: