The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
yes i know, the poor conservative victims, your life is hard.

My point was this hysterical rhetoric isn't something new.

Hey welcome to the club!

Neither is demonizing the President by labeling him as everything evil people can think of under the sun. It never did cause a genocide in the nineties when Bill was President, and it didn't cause one in the last decade with Bush as President. It took throwing a curveball, but I am glad finally someone can admit it.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
Hey welcome to the club!

Neither is demonizing the President by labeling him as everything evil people can think of under the sun. It never did cause a genocide in the nineties when Bill was President

no...but you know what did happen?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
These people have always been out there. No one paid attention to them until the Dems figured out that they could demonize them into winning elections.

Categorizing all conservatives along with these extremists is laughable, but so is your idea that this increase in hate is somehow the fault of the Dems.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
Categorizing all conservatives along with these extremists is laughable, but so is your idea that this increase in hate is somehow the fault of the Dems.

I'm saying I don't think there is a difference in level of hate, just level of reporting. It is a relevant story again, so it gets reported. No one cared when a Repub was President. Its the same reason you don't hear to much about all of whacko left wing groups now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Categorizing all conservatives along with these extremists is laughable

none of us is saying that, nor have we said that. But, what I am saying is the crazy right seems to get coddled as "the hard working americans sick of government" instead of "man these people are dumb" the way they (accurately) show the stupid anarchists/lame hippies.

According to a new book by an author from the (Right wing website) Newsmax, threats against this president investigated by the Secret Service are coming in at a rate 4x that of the last president.

(Note, since I got attacked last time I called a website a right wing website...Newsmax today ran and then pulled a blog post suggesting that the only way to deal with the Obama Problem was a military coup.)

Glenn Greenwald has deja vu

Don't blame him. Seems the only unquestionable position you can have in american political discourse is WAR WAR WAR, it's only those that say "wait a second" that get put under the microscope.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/200...iran/index.html

Edited by bmags

There are enough people taking him seriously that he's not going to disappear. I'll steal a line from where I got this video:

"There's an inverse ratio happening here. Glenn gets crazier and in the process he gets less scary yet more entertaining. Conversely, his fans get crazier and in the process they get scarier and much less entertaining."

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Or spend the rest of their life in the Federal Pen at Marion enduring a living hell. The innocent people who get executed at least get put out of their misery.

I have never thought of that. An innocent person convicted is a nightmare no matter the punishment. But I still oppose the death penalty

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
I have to disagree. Beck is about as mainstream as you can get now.

Doesn't matter how mainstream he is, my point is that media sells what sells. If people stop watching him, he goes away.

Sort of sad though, that people would waste their time watching someone like this.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
Doesn't matter how mainstream he is, my point is that media sells what sells. If people stop watching him, he goes away.

Sort of sad though, that people would waste their time watching someone like this.

Just like ignoring the Turner Diaries made it go away.

Back on that death penalty case in Texas I posted a few days ago...yesterday, Texas Governor Perry fired and replaced several of the people on the State's forensic investigation panel who are looking in to that case, and the new chairman has canceled at least 1 hearing where additional forensic testimony was to be heard.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Back on that death penalty case in Texas I posted a few days ago...yesterday, Texas Governor Perry fired and replaced several of the people on the State's forensic investigation panel who are looking in to that case, and the new chairman has canceled at least 1 hearing where additional forensic testimony was to be heard.

Looks like Perry doesn't want it to come out that he authorized the killing of an innocent man.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
Looks like Perry doesn't want it to come out that he authorized the killing of an innocent man.

Well, as per my article, It appears the Obama administration is pushing the conviction of an innocent man who was tortured just to save government embarrassment on something that didn't even happen on his watch. What a joke. All the wrongs I thought would be a cinch for a good exec to fix he's shuffling his feet for this BULLs*** policy to seem tough by being an asshole hawk. Torture is just punishment, it's no tool at all.