• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen just as many stupid progressives do the same thing. God...politics move faster now but not so f'n fast the president can't leave his administration for a day to promote bringing something that will create many a job for a city. Suck it idiots.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Looks like Perry doesn't want it to come out that he authorized the killing of an innocent man.

The new guy that Perry put in charge of that committee/investigation hadn't even heard of the position until it was offered to him. And he's considered one of the most conservative, hard-line prosecutors in Texas.

I know it's Republican politics, but I really hope Hutchinson makes an issue of this. It's just inhuman.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:15 PM)
The new guy that Perry put in charge of that committee/investigation hadn't even heard of the position until it was offered to him. And he's considered one of the most conservative, hard-line prosecutors in Texas.

I know it's Republican politics, but I really hope Hutchinson makes an issue of this. It's just inhuman.

If you substitute Daley for Perry, it sounds pretty much like Chicago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Weekly Standard brags and then deletes post saying that their office erupted in cheers when Chicago lost.

This is starting to piss me off actually, the more comments I read cheering Obama's failure (and it exists only in their minds, I don't see how a head of state trying to use influence against other heads of state to get something for America is a bad thing) the more I realize they're willing to take it a step farther than just dissing Obama, they're dissing Chicago, and America. They're so hung up on the fact that something happened that didn't make him look good that they don't even realize it wasn't a good thing for the country, using their own criteria, that they will openly mock the effort or the concept.

Furthermore this talk about "the world" getting tired of Obama's ego makes no sense at all to anyone that reads non-American, non-English media and knows what the various opinions actually are.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
This is starting to piss me off actually, the more comments I read cheering Obama's failure (and it exists only in their minds, I don't see how a head of state trying to use influence against other heads of state to get something for America is a bad thing) the more I realize they're willing to take it a step farther than just dissing Obama, they're dissing Chicago, and America. They're so hung up on the fact that something happened that didn't make him look good that they don't even realize it wasn't a good thing for the country, using their own criteria, that they will openly mock the effort or the concept.

Furthermore this talk about "the world" getting tired of Obama's ego makes no sense at all to anyone that reads non-American, non-English media and knows what the various opinions actually are.

I'm sure you remember how in 2005 New York's 2012 bid was defeated and the Democrats stood up and cheered.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
I'm sure you remember how in 2005 New York's 2012 bid was defeated and the Democrats stood up and cheered.

No one had any delusions of NYC winning after their stadium plan fell through to be fair. They also didn't have Bush involved in it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)

Can someone refresh my memory? I honestly dont remember that or much of anything about the NY bid except the stadium plan falling through.

Oh how I loved that stadium proposal.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
Can someone refresh my memory? I honestly dont remember that or much of anything about the NY bid except the stadium plan falling through.

Oh how I loved that stadium proposal.

You don't recall the big screams of joy because there weren't any. That was sarcasm.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)

At this point I'm convinced these same people would cheer a domestic terrorist attack.

Glenn isn't too happy with this website:

http://glennbeckrapedandmurderedayounggirlin1990.com/

Ed Brayton takes up the story:

I don't know if you've ever seen the Did Glenn Beck Rape and Murder a Young Girl in 1990 website, but it's fairly amusing. It's a political satire of the style of argument Glenn Beck likes to engage in, which involves requiring that someone prove a negative ("prove you didn't do X") and making claims in the form of an interrogative ("Hey, I'm just asking questions here. I'm not saying he did this. What's wrong with asking questions?").

Well now Beck is trying to kill the site by making a formal complaint (PDF) to an international internet governing body, the World Intellectual Property Organization. He wants the domain name taken away from the person who registered it.

Why would he do that rather than file, say, a libel suit? Because he knows he would lose a libel suit. He is a public figure and the site is clearly satirical. Under precedents like Falwell v Flynt, it is virtually impossible to win such a suit. The attorney for the site owner, Marc Randazza, has filed a response brief (PDF) that is hilarious in its attack on Beck's thin-skinned and legally dubious argument.

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2009/10...parody_webs.php

The thing is, no Zumaya is an idiot as president. Yes, he overstepped his bounds. Yes, he should have been removed, but AFTER a trial. This is so 80s republicans to merely support the overthrowal of a leftist president no matter. I like that we are respecting the reactions of the other countries around them and am in favor of our policy on Honduras so far. Americans enacting a more facilitative, patriarchal approach to SA as it grows as opposed to dominating will improve relations so much more and lead to some really positive benefits.

Really tired of the only coverage of south america being CHAVEZ + LEFTIST LEADERS ARE DOMINATING THE REGION. Chavez is not that powerful, he's not intimidating/dominating other countries, he's in cahoots with Ecuador, they seem to be pals, but thats it. Colombia seriously doesn't seem to have a problem dealing with them, Brazil doesn't either. Chile/Uraguay are, once again, completely not influenced by Chavez. But I guess they are leftist gov'ts therefore Kill.

Conservative Bible Project Cuts Out Liberal Passages

Lo and behold, the Bible has gotten too liberal, according to a group of conservatives. And it needs a little editing.

That's the inspiration behind the Conservative Bible Project, which seeks to take the text back to its supposed right-wing roots.

Yes, even scripture is not orthodox enough for the modern conservative. Not that it's the fault of the author(s), exactly. The group cites a few reasons why the Bible is too progressive: "Lack of precision in the original language ... lack of precision in modern language" and "translation bias in converting the original language to the modern one."

So how can the Bible be conservatized? The group has proposed a Wikipedia-like group editing project. Some of the ideas would only bring the translation closer to the original. But others would fundamentally change the text.

1. Framewor
k
again
s
t Liberal Bia
s
: providing a
s
trong framewor
k
that enable
s
a thought-for-thought tran
s
lation without corruption by liberal bia
s

2. Not Ema
s
culated: avoiding uni
s
ex, "gender inclu
s
ive" language, and other modern ema
s
culation of Chri
s
tianity

3. Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Chri
s
tianity; the NIV i
s
written at only the 7th grade level[3]

4. Utilize Powerful Con
s
ervative Term
s
: u
s
ing powerful new con
s