• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
It is a big deal, but they can go get someone else. There's the subtle difference.

They actually did go to someone else.

And the ironic part of this is that half of all marriages end in divorce. If he wanted to save kids from traumatic upbrinings, he shouldn't issue any marriage licenses at all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 07:49 PM)
They actually did go to someone else.

And the ironic part of this is that half of all marriages end in divorce. If he wanted to save kids from traumatic upbrinings, he shouldn't issue any marriage licenses at all.

And the judges justifications for this and his defenses of himself are the best part of it.

"I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
^ no kidding.

I'm pretty sure you've all heard about the judge in LA who's stuck in the 1930's? See how crazy some people are in this country:

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/for...ead.php?t=20544

A particularly good one.

He actually lets black people use his bathroom. Why didn't HE get the Nobel prize?

:notworthy

anyways, this judge is crazy.

Edited by mr_genius

Link

The unprecedented number of death threats against President Obama, a rise in racist hate groups, and a new wave of antigovernment fervor threaten to overwhelm the US Secret Service, according to government officials and reports, raising new questions about the 144-year-old agency’s overall mission.

The Secret Service is tracking a far broader range of possible threats to the nation’s leaders, the officials said, even as it also investigates financial crimes such as counterfeiting as part of its original mandate.

The new demands are leading some officials, both inside and outside the agency, to raise the possibility of the service curtailing or dropping its role in fighting financial crime to focus more on protecting leaders and their families from assassination attempts and thwarting terrorist plots aimed at high-profile events.

“If there were an evaluation of the service’s two missions, it might be determined that it is ineffective . . . to conduct its protection mission and investigate financial crimes,’’ according to a inter nal report issued in August by the Congressional Research Service.

Pre
s
ident Obama popped in on third and fourth-grader
s
at a
S
ilver
S
pring, Md. elementary
s
chool Monday, to tout the benefit
s
of reading for young
s
ter
s
, ju
s
t a
s
they were having lunch. [...]

In hi
s
brief remar
k
s
to the
s
tudent
s
, Mr. Obama
s
aid
I have heard great thing
s
about your
s
chool and everybody here i
s
reading all the time.

Nooooooooooooo!

Countdown to Malkin publishing the names, photos and street addresses of the principal and teachers, in 5... 4... 3...

Hat tip to Bob Cesca

The latest faux outrage is from the "revelations" that the Obama campaign was "controlling the media." If they bother to read what was said they'd see that the strategy was mostly to bypass it altogether, if possible, because they actually saw the media as a liability.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
Well Compiled:

Unfortunately, with the guy from Media Matters going on Olbermann...that just gives more ammunition to Fox News since Olbermann is unabashedly Democratic.

I guess I don't understand. They compiled fox news clips of them making s*** up. Fox is completely on the defensive right now, it will harden their base but this whole thing will probably not be good for them.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
I guess I don't understand. They compiled fox news clips of them making s*** up. Fox is completely on the defensive right now, it will harden their base but this whole thing will probably not be good for them.

I disagree - I think Obama going after Fox is politically stupid. If you want to convey the idea that Fox is a partisan non-journalistic news network (which... duh), then you treat it as such - ignore them, maybe laugh at them a little bit when the opportunity presents itself, and just go on doing your job.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
I disagree - I think Obama going after Fox is politically stupid. If you want to convey the idea that Fox is a partisan non-journalistic news network (which... duh), then you treat it as such - ignore them, maybe laugh at them a little bit when the opportunity presents itself, and just go on doing your job.

This isn't hurting them at all. The vast majority aren't paying attention/don't care, and Fox, for the first time I've seen has to defend itself and is damn near acknowledging slant. Politically this at worst does nothing to Obama and at best gives cover to other news networks not to cover dumb f***ing stories like czars and tea partiers.