Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rand Paul had some great quotes there:

Freedom is best when its enjoyed by the majority (strange that he didnt say freedom is best when its enjoyed by all)

Govt needs to get out of our way (great take govt out of things like gay marriage, drug enforcement)

Those are paraphrasing, but still annoying that he doesnt see the hypocrisy in his beliefs.

Well I guess now a slim majority in the House is a "mandate".

Its hilarious to hear people like Cantor talk. He wants to cut spending, but he will almost never actually give a way to cut spending. But its going to be fun to have a split house and senate, politics are going to be really bad for the next 2 years.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Well I guess now a slim majority in the House is a "mandate".

Its hilarious to hear people like Cantor talk. He wants to cut spending, but he will almost never actually give a way to cut spending. But its going to be fun to have a split house and senate, politics are going to be really bad for the next 2 years.

A slim house majority in a midterm election is a mandate but passing legislation that was campaigned on by the party that won the executive branch in a landslide through a supermajority is not legitimate and basically amounts to treason and un-American activity. Typical Republican logic, people will see nothing has changed.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
A slim house majority in a midterm election is a mandate but passing legislation that was campaigned on by the party that won the executive branch in a landslide through a supermajority is not legitimate and basically amounts to treason and un-American activity. Typical Republican logic, people will see nothing has changed.

Let's be honest, its not a slim majority. It's a pretty robust one when its done. The biggest casualties tonight btw? Blue Dogs.

My candidate won narrowly. Was happy to help in a small way.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:26 AM)
Let's be honest, its not a slim majority. It's a pretty robust one when its done. The biggest casualties tonight btw? Blue Dogs.

Well a majority is a majority. With Republicans it doesn't matter because even when they don't vote 100% in lock step they have a couple of Democrats who vote with them anyway.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Being a Field Organizer through Blanche Lincoln's primary and moving over to the coordinated campaign in June, tonight stings. Nine months in Arkansas to have the race called with 0% reporting. f***.

That always sucks, because field work is hard thankless work that is a constant s***show. I know, I've done my share. But you can learn from this and take it to the next campaign. Your work, if its built upon can pay dividends.

Case in point: I ran field for a ward race in Trenton, NJ this spring. Our candidate won and turned it out in a way that nobody but us was expecting. Because our Congressman took advantage of the base we built, he turned out the vote in Trenton bigger than they see in most state wide races - that's a big deal. It actually was the margin of victory. And he did it in less time and with far less money than most candidates would spend to get that kind of turnout.

Your work mattered. And your work can lay a great foundation for what follows.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)

Seems to me that all progressives in swing states, and districts lost too. I'm not looking forward to all the debates over whether Democrats lost because they were too moderate and compromised too much or because they were to liberal. Ugh...

LOL @ Harry Reid winning again. Reid's probably a tool, but at least he's not crazy.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
Being a Field Organizer through Blanche Lincoln's primary and moving over to the coordinated campaign in June, tonight stings. Nine months in Arkansas to have the race called with 0% reporting. f***.

Personally I prefer knowing that I helped in a losing cause, than losing and having done nothing.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Seems to me that all progressives in swing states, and districts lost too. I'm not looking forward to all the debates over whether Democrats lost because they were too moderate and compromised too much or because they were to liberal. Ugh...

LOL @ Harry Reid winning again. Reid's probably a tool, but at least he's not crazy.

That whole argument doesn't really have any basis in fact, it's just some s*** talking heads talk about on TV. Democrats lost for a few reasons... but most of all the economy, then the fact that they had won more seats than they could reasonably support, then they just got scared of defending who they are and what they represent and got intimidated by the Tea Party... sigh. Typical Democrats.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
That whole argument doesn't really have any basis in fact, it's just some s*** talking heads talk about on TV. Democrats lost for a few reasons... but most of all the economy, then the fact that they had won more seats than they could reasonably support, then they just got scared of defending who they are and what they represent and got intimidated by the Tea Party... sigh. Typical Democrats.

I wish we had the clarity of message that the Republicans have. But if we did, I probably wouldn't be a Democrat either.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
I wish we had the clarity of message that the Republicans have. But if we did, I probably wouldn't be a Democrat either.

Don't so much need "clarity" as we need the Democrats to actually bother trying to deliver that message... before everything has gone to s*** and they are down 15 points in the polls

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
Don't so much need "clarity" as we need the Democrats to actually bother trying to deliver that message... before everything has gone to s*** and they are down 15 points in the polls

IMO, "Messaging" has jack squat to do with anything except the defeats of the crazies at the margins.

Getting your message out doesn't make 9.6% unemployment acceptable, and it won't make 10% unemployment acceptable in 2012 after the government goes for spending cuts.