The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Watching everyone from this board all of the way up to Barack Obama himself act just like the people they claim to be different from has pretty much ruined my next four years.

I've had to live through 8 years of hell so I'm going to enjoy the next 8.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 09:19 AM)
I've had to live through 8 years of hell so I'm going to enjoy the next 8.

The difference is, BS, even we people who tend to be "republicans" would defend GWB but would also call out his crap. And there's been a lot of it.

This "I'm going to throw everything I can in people's face" stuff is just obscene. Is there any wonder that people have trouble with our political system, or, to say it another way, why everything is so polarized?

GWB was a bad president. But to mock everything about a certain ideology is disgusting.

BTW, I'm glad to know that the last 8 years can effect you so much. "It's been hell". Yikes.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
The difference is, BS, even we people who tend to be "republicans" would defend GWB but would also call out his crap. And there's been a lot of it.

This "I'm going to throw everything I can in people's face" stuff is just obscene. Is there any wonder that people have trouble with our political system, or, to say it another way, why everything is so polarized?

GWB was a bad president. But to mock everything about a certain ideology is disgusting.

BTW, I'm glad to know that the last 8 years can effect you so much. "It's been hell". Yikes.

You need to get off your holier than thou attitude as if anyone who is a Democrat or liberal is 100% blindly supporting their party or candidate while Republicans are better able to be objective. Give me a break. Stop painting people with a broad brush by applying your theory based on a couple people that post on this message board.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
You need to get off your holier than thou attitude as if anyone who is a Democrat or liberal is 100% blindly supporting their party or candidate while Republicans are better able to be objective. Give me a break. Stop painting people with a broad brush by applying your theory based on a couple people that post on this message board.

You're doing it yourself... go look in the mirror a bit.

And it's more then just "message boards"... but whatever. I'm pissing you off, so I'll just leave it alone.

The bottom line is this: I don't care what party you are, objectivity was thrown out the window 8 years ago (and some of the seeds planted before that, see impeachment). And it sucks. It's a lot of what's wrong with America today.

Something was missing from the first of John McCain's seven campaign stops today: the crowd.

Kicking off the last day of the election in Tampa, Florida, John McCain was welcomed by a roughly 1,000 voters. Compare that to the 15,000 people that President Bush drew to a rally in Tampa on the eve of the 2004 election. "What's up with that?" wrote Adam Smith at the St. Petersburg Times.

LINK

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)

right, yes, no one in this forum has ever criticized Obama, there's never been threads specifically saying what we don't like about him, there was never a FISA thread with 100% of the Obama supporters in here pissed. That never happened...

And by the way, northside, I respect how difficult it is to be a mod on this forum and I think you are doing a good job and you are a good poster. But you are incredibly one-sided on who you decide to take issue on. It's heavily slated towards talking down the Obama posters on here. When the conservative posters on here do one of their many personally attacking, offensive posts while crying about what a tough time they are having because of those damn obama supporters, your response is always a neutral, hey it's not everyone, i agree with you on x. When an Obama poster does something that never attacks a conservative poster but usually McCain or a conservative figure in a mocking light, ala AHB or in this case BigSwert, you are quick to ask them to stop.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
right, yes, no one in this forum has ever criticized Obama, there's never been threads specifically saying what we don't like about him, there was never a FISA thread with 100% of the Obama supporters in here pissed. That never happened...

And by the way, northside, I respect how difficult it is to be a mod on this forum and I think you are doing a good job and you are a good poster. But you are incredibly one-sided on who you decide to take issue on. It's heavily slated towards talking down the Obama posters on here. When the conservative posters on here do one of their many personally attacking, offensive posts while crying about what a tough time they are having because of those damn obama supporters, your response is always a neutral, hey it's not everyone, i agree with you on x. When an Obama poster does something that never attacks a conservative poster but usually McCain or a conservative figure in a mocking light, ala AHB or in this case BigSwert, you are quick to ask them to stop.

Ok, look. This is over but the voting. The snide bulls*** has to stop. Yes, I've been a fine (blah) participant. It's terribly one-sided for BOTH sides, and it's ridiculous.

Well, I disagree. If you knew it was a ludicrous statement why continue to post things like this? I'm personally sick of it and that's why I've decided to call it out. I realize personally attacking posters now makes me a hypocrite, but I don't think it's on an even plain. It's offensive to call people mindless Obama supporters, it's effectively calling them stupid. Most of the issues people take up on obama supporters on this site are in regards to their posts about McCain, the candidate, not the posters.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
Well, I disagree. If you knew it was a ludicrous statement why continue to post things like this? I'm personally sick of it and that's why I've decided to call it out. I realize personally attacking posters now makes me a hypocrite, but I don't think it's on an even plain. It's offensive to call people mindless Obama supporters, it's effectively calling them stupid. Most of the issues people take up on obama supporters on this site are in regards to their posts about McCain, the candidate, not the posters.

No, they're not "stupid", they're just perpetuating the divisions. THAT is what's stupid, not them.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
No, they're not "stupid", they're just perpetuating the divisions. THAT is what's stupid, not them.

You're accusing someone of not being able to think for themself, whether or not that's what you are intending that's the effect.

Thin skin? Bad reading skills? poor eyesight? Do you really think that I and other haven't been called out on here? I guess the mind really sees only what it wants to see.

Hm. I don't think that's the case, as I try to call people out on their B.S. regardless of which side its on. For the record, I've had a lot of people on the right tell me quite the opposite of what you are saying - that I am quick to get on GOP'ers but let the lefties go. I like to think that if I get these complaints from both sides, I am probably doing my job right.

But I will make sure to keep an eye on my responses going forward. I certainly am not trying to be biased in any way.

With all due respect, NSS is one of the few nuetral people in here. If you are trying to make him into an enemy, you are barking up the wrong tree. If anything he has bent over backwards to let AHB, BS, and many other people in here take all of the rope they could handle. I think you have hurt feelings for being called out on stuff.