Pizza

SoxFan1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 10:39 AM)
I hate you. lol, there are so many times I am dyiung for a Lou's sausage pizza. It is always on my to do list when I get back to Chicago.

You can order some frozen ones online. It's obviously not as good as the real stuff but it definitely works.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
Not gonna lie, their pizza is actually very good.

Have you had their breakfast pizza? It's like after they decided to throw on eggs and cheese, they make sure to get any of the grease that might drip off and pour it back on. It's heavenly.

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
Vito n Nicks on 83rd and Pulaski, Obbie's on Archer, Phil's Pizza on 35th and Aberdeen. Waldo Cooney's sucks so does Home Run Inn.

Not a big Vito and Nick's fan and never had Phil's

Obbie's could be the best deep dish pizza

I am startign t olike Begger's more.

Waldo Cooney's is ok and Hoem Run Inn frozen is as good as the restaurant.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
You can order some frozen ones online. It's obviously not as good as the real stuff but it definitely works.

I normally do it for my brother for his birthday. He says its not as good as here but still much better than what they got in Cali.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
I normally do it for my brother for his birthday. He says its not as good as here but still much better than what they got in Cali.

Ya, I get them all the time when I'm at school. Like I said, it's obviously not the same but it's still delicious.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
:headbang :headbang

sooo good. I'm craving it right now, sausage and mushroom.

They just did two days of taping this month at Vito and Nicks for an upcoming episode of Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" show. They spotlighted White Palace a few months back, another Chicago food joint I mis dearly.

I have no idea why, but I remember it as Nick and Vito's. I grew up at 79th and Pulaski and went there all the time. Have I lost my mind??

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Not a big Vito and Nick's fan and never had Phil's

Obbie's could be the best deep dish pizza

I am startign t olike Begger's more.

Waldo Cooney's is ok and Hoem Run Inn frozen is as good as the restaurant.

Yeah if you don't have a HRI around you, the frozen is pretty damn close. HRI is tops for me!!! Best sausage I've ever had on a za.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
I have no idea why, but I remember it as Nick and Vito's. I grew up at 79th and Pulaski and went there all the time. Have I lost my mind??

I remember it as Nick & Vito's, too. It was accross the parking lot from Groucho's. I don't know if I ever ate it, though. We always got Angie's (which was about a block down on the other side of the street.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
I remember it as Nick & Vito's, too. It was accross the parking lot from Groucho's. I don't know if I ever ate it, though. We always got Angie's (which was about a block down on the other side of the street.

Yeah we went to both. Used to have our baseball pizza parties there. It's weird if you google nick and vito's there's a couple sites that call it that. If you look at the main website though they have a sign that says vito and nicks from like 1930 or something.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)

We called it Nick and Vito's too, but it was always signed as Vito and Nick's. I think it just flowed better the other way. It was always fun going as a kid because it was just down from Rosario's meats and we loved the hell out of that neon sign with the happy pigs jumping into the meat grinder and coming out happy little sausages. :lolhitting

And whoever said they didn't like Vito and Nick's pie obviously just doesn't care for real Chicago cracker crust pizza, because that's about as authentic as it gets regardless of who your favorite is.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 22, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
Yeah we went to both. Used to have our baseball pizza parties there. It's weird if you google nick and vito's there's a couple sites that call it that. If you look at the main website though they have a sign that says vito and nicks from like 1930 or something.

I did a yahoo search and found it listed as Nick and Vito. http://local.yahoo.com/info-17449582-nick-...izzeria-chicago :huh I'm confused.

I usually make it a point to go to Palermo's when I go back to Chicago. Next time I'm making a trip to Nick &Vito's or Vito & Nick's. I've gotta get to the bottom of this.

Edited by Middle Buffalo