Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
Griffey was an all star, hit 30 HRs and posted a .868 OPS last year so the Sox should get some compensation for him.

Wrong forum, but you need to add the white bigs to that sig. Get a Leonard and Griffey photo in there. LOL.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
So .... whose starting the Ken Griffey Jr. Fan Club in their sig

apparently KGJ is one of everyones all-time favorite players, atleast he is for me

Your fingers broken or something?

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
Maybe you can give us out-of-towners some updates on what they say about it.

http://player.play.it/player/player.html?i...onestat=wscr-am

And Bernstein is already ranting about this being a ridiculous trade that's stupid and makes no sense. He's totally bashing the trade.

It has begun.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
WTF. I thought Danny Richar was the future 2nd baseman here? My how he fell from grace so fast. I don't get this trade...i usually don't get Kenny's trades, but somehow the weirdest ones seem to always work out. I'll hold my angst for now.

He fell from grace by first having injuries, second ramirez telling chicago he can play baseball and can play it good, third Richar not looking that great in AAA, fourth and fifth would be us drafting Beckman and having Getz

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
And Bernstein is already ranting about this being a ridiculous trade that's stupid and makes no sense. He's totally bashing the trade.

Came home for lunch today and watched the trade deadline special on ESPNEWS. Gammons and Phillips both commented about the positive psychological effect of getting a player at the deadline, even if said player isn't really needed. I'm still not a fan of Griffey playing CF, but I imagine that everybody on the Sox (outside of maybe Paulie) is excited about their GM adding a future-HOF bat to their lineup. Last year was a good example of how poor morale can sink a talented team.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
Deadline is up now yes? Wonder how many deals will be annouced here shortly. Hopefully KW got an arm to help out.

Also realize that trades can be announced after 3pm, as that is the deadline for having the agreed trades into the MLB offices.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
This is crunch time. Final terms have to be decided in about a half hour, so this when it gets tense. Usually, 4-5 deals get announced RIGHT at the deadline.

Oh, it looks like Bay is a Ray.

That kills the Manny deal I would think.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
you upgrade 1B and possibly downgrade CF

Griff is slower than me, but I imagine he can judge a ball better than Swisher Sweet. Can't be any worse than macoviack

But is he faster than Paulie?