Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
I don't think the numbers monthly back you up. They read to me as saying that Griffey's also only had one hot streak and it's just been the last couple weeks.

OPS By month:

April 768

May .696

June .795

July .921

(While he put up a .795 OPS in June, he also only hit .205 that month).

Pre all star, Griffey put up a pretty consistent .235, .348, .400, .748 plus or minus about 50 points of OPS. This month is currently the outlier. Let's hope he keeps up the 900 OPS the rest of the season, but I'm still concerned.

One think to perhaps consider is the fact that he was swinging for the fences trying to get 600. That can screw with your swing and your game in general. I hope we see .900 or something in that neighborhood. He's over the hump and he should hopefully be re-energized now that he's in a pennant race.

Marlins are apparently getting a bit too greedy.

ESPN Deadline Blog

Posted by Peter Gammons

A source close to the three-way negotiations involving Manny Ramirez says the deal is close to dead. Florida has reportedly asked Boston for a cash outlay beyond the $7 million to cover Ramirez's contract, in addition to two prospects. That essentially would add up to the Red Sox trading Ramirez, $9 million and two prospects for Jason Bay.

They just said "Massay" again on ESPNNews

Edited by bschmaranz

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:58 AM)
Anyone watching the deadline special on ESPNNews?

Steve Phillips just said that the Sox added another lefty to a dominant left-handed lineup. Uh... what? And Kirkjian just called Nick "Massay".

Massay is the French pronounciation . Kurkjian just showing how international he is.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
One think to perhaps consider is the fact that he was swinging for the fences trying to get 600. That can screw with your swing and your game in general. I hope we see .900 or something in that neighborhood. He's over the hump and he should hopefully be re-energized now that he's in a pennant race.

He hit #600 on June 8. Thanks to the wonders of the internets, I just calculated his numbers from June 9 to the AS break. He hit .177, with that classic .754 OPS, for the month after he hit 600.

The only part of his numbers for this season that look good are his post all star break numbers. He's had a 2 week hot streak and there's no way around it. Everything else is low.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
He hit #600 on June 8. Thanks to the wonders of the internets, I just calculated his numbers from June 9 to the AS break. He hit .177, with that classic .754 OPS, for the month after he hit 600.

The only part of his numbers for this season that look good are his post all star break numbers. He's had a 2 week hot streak and there's no way around it. Everything else is low.

Well fooey! :unsure:

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)
I bet Swisher gives up #30.

I went over this earlier in the shower this morning when I first heard. haha. Anyway.

3 Baines

30 Swish

33 Vazquez

24 Crede

42 Jackie

What does that leave? Swisher's got too much marketing tied up in Dirty 30 to give that up. Vaz could go back to his old 22 if Fields gave it up. Other than that, you start anew (Crede shouldn't switch numbers).

Here are my suggestions.

32 (BA would switch)

44 (Hall would switch)

43 (Wasserman would switch)

31 (Wise would switch)

Edited by Steve9347