Royals vs Sox...Part Trois - Sweep Edition

nitetrain8601

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor beginning for Lance Broadway. But, worse for our the team captain. Well, if we had three on in the first maybe we will continue to get baserunners and eventualy drive some in. But, I do have to wonder about the Royals hitting CQ. He just got back in the line up from being banged up.

Where the hell is Anderson? He seriously is twice as good as Griffey at the plate right now and 10000000x better in the field.

Same goes with Swisher.

If you do not want to lose your sanity the rest of the season forget about BA except for defensive replacement late. He's done. The acquisition of Fat Man KG means absolutely no time for BA.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
If you do not want to lose your sanity the rest of the season forget about BA except for defensive replacement late. He's done. The acquisition of Fat Man KG means absolutely no time for BA.

Which sucks, because I never thought I'd see a guy come up in which I'd have less confidence for then BA...now it's Griffey.

The sadder thing is that Konerko is batting 6th thus killing any opportunity for Ramirez to bat with runners on.

That's a great post. Lexi would have looked good up there with Paulie moved down. I emailed Oz and said go ahead and play Paulie just bat him eighth.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
i'm probably the only one thinking this but Broadway has good mound presense, i like his composure when his team is throwing piles of poo at him, he's still battling.

Hawk hates his guts because he believes our "solid defense" is...well...solid so it's always the young SPs fault.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Broadway is just incapable of missing bats right now, the hitters are getting to everything he's tossing up there.

53 f***ing pitches for Broadway, we'll be lucky if he goes 4.

If the game gets out of hand, bring in Carrasco. Whatever he does, if we still haven't made progress to recover from the lead Broadway gives up, bring in Richard.

As much as I think Broadway sucks, its not his fault his on a mound he has no business being on. The guy has an ERA over 7.00 his last 10 AAA starts. The major leagues, even the KC Royals, is not who he should be pitching against right now, especially given the implications of every White Sox game from here on out.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
Broadway is just incapable of missing bats right now, the hitters are getting to everything he's tossing up there.

53 f***ing pitches for Broadway, we'll be lucky if he goes 4.

It didn't help that he needed to get 4 outs in the second though.