9/2 SOX @ Cle 6:05 PM CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
How Jose Valentin is in 10th place is beyond my knowledge. I know he hit 20, 25 homers each year, but he was only hear for 5 years. Just shows how much times have changed with the home run.

My thoughts exactly. Also in his few years here JD is second in career slugging % and 4th in career ops as a white sock.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
Jerry Owens needs to find a new profession.

designated september pinch runner sounds good to me....maybe we can teach usain bolt to run the bases....i think oakland tried that in the 70s

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
That's just sad. This is a huge game and Ozzie has a AAA player batting during a possible game changing moment. If Owens deserved to hit there, then they should have called him up a long time ago. At least during a time when he was eligible for the postseason.

well said

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
That's just sad. This is a huge game and Ozzie has a AAA player batting during a possible game changing moment. If Owens deserved to hit there, then they should have called him up a long time ago. At least during a time when he was eligible for the postseason.

Exactly my thoughts. He's not good. I hope KW just cuts him so Ozzie stops using him. I wish we had Timo Perez because at least he didn't suck this much.

as much as i love Carassco's story and love how good he has been for us....i feel like i am just waiting for the wheels to fall off at some point and im nervous that its gonna be right here....keep proving me wrong DJ

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
Jerry Owens has to be the weakest 6'3" hitter in the game. His inability to generate ANY strength with that frame disturbing.

not sure how tall sean burroughs is...but hes gotta be up there

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
I never said it wasn't. I said "for sure" to his statement. I was just saying that the Iguchi one was a huge sleeper signing as well.

We've had a lot of good signings though. I just found it odd that you decided to randomly lump that one in there. Gooch was good, but IMO not even in the same ballpark

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 01:57 AM)
We've had a lot of good signings though. I just found it odd that you decided to randomly lump that one in there. Gooch was good, but IMO not even in the same ballpark

Agreed...AJP was a significantly bigger free agent acquisition than Iguchi.