Sox Loser

stretchstretch

pretty solid outing by Danks, one bad inning, could have been much worse. Good to get 2-3, imagine losing in 15 last night?

Tough to lose by one run scored by a foul tagup, but when teams move guys along stealing bases, those are the spoils.

P.S. Note to Fields/Swisher, when the game is on the line and you've got 2 outs with a runner on 2nd, DONT WATCH a close strike three when you're down in the count!!!!

Swish in particular, a good low ball hitter, let two great opps for a low ball smack go by with Wise in scoring position.....if you're going to go down, go down at least with a hack.

Thanks DET!!

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
I was hoping for another walk-off. Too bad.. at least we can gain 1/2 game on Minnesota if we win tomorrow night.

And 26,000 fans at the Cell today, on a nice 71 degree Sunday.. I don't get it! :unsure:

football season opener...most people in America could really give two s***s about baseball, which is unfortunate

Tough lose...but not heartbreaking. Danks with just a few bad pitches but overall looked good. He really needed a good outing. Paulie really heating up couldn't have come at a better time. We had our chances...that's for sure. You HATE to end the game taking a 3rd strike. That's inexcusable IMO. A sweep would have been great...but overall...taking 2 of 3 from the Angels should be considered doing well. I'm really not looking forward to playing this Toronto team right now though...we'll need to have a big series by everybody.

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 01:35 AM)
sox dodged bullets all over the place in the early innings, the game could have easily been lost by 5 runs

I was at the game and wow, what a difference 2 weeks makes on the attendance of a sunday afternoon game.

Danks got touched for those two runs because the Angels made some adjustments. He was liiving outside and they adjusted before he did.

Don't mean to sound like a dick, but this was a bad loss. Up 2-0 in the series and 2-0 in the game, we had a great opportunity to gain a game on the pests from Minnesota.

But on the other hand ... we won two of three from the best team in baseball. We won two of three from the best team in baseball. I just hate losing the 2-0 lead when we had a chance for a monumental victory this late in the season in a home game.

Still we won 2 of 3 from the best team in baseball. Not bad.

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 06:35 AM)
Yeah but Anaheim isn't exactly playing with urgency. I recall hearing that they've been awful as of late. The thing that kills me watching the replay right now is we were up 2-0 into the 6th. Hold on just a little bit longer and you're 3.5 up on the Twins going into a tough set with Toronto.

not playing with urgency is a poor trait going into the playoffs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but this was a bad loss. Up 2-0 in the series and 2-0 in the game, we had a great opportunity to gain a game on the pests from Minnesota.

But on the other hand ... we won two of three from the best team in baseball. We won two of three from the best team in baseball. I just hate losing the 2-0 lead when we had a chance for a monumental victory this late in the season in a home game.

Still we won 2 of 3 from the best team in baseball. Not bad.

its bad, then its not bad

We did nothing but gain ground this weekend vs Minnesota, while playing one of the best teams in the league. a 2-0 lead isnt a huge lead, as much as I would like to have kept it, 2 runs usually isnt enough to keep down any team, much less the Angels.

Im not upset about this series at all, had a chance to sweep which would have been cool, but the Sox still took the series

I can't stand watching Swisher and Thome take strike three all year long, and Swisher does it yesterday with the the tying run on.

I'm also tired of Danks pitching 5 or 6 innings. Don't say its his fatigue either because he's been doing it all year. That's why he has 11 no decisions. Saunders has the exact same pitches as Danks, but he's alot more affective. Learn to pitch Danks.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 8, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
Thought I should mention Jessie Rogers was just on the Score, and they played a soundclip of Paul Konerko basically laying into him about how dumb he was for thinking Dye should have caught the ball. Steve Stone also layed into Rogers pretty hard, along with both B&B.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Wait, Rogers said Dye should have or shouldn't have caught the ball?