9/9: White Sox vs Blue Jays, DH G1: 1:05, CSN

Kalapse

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
When was the last time we got a hit with RISP? Early Saturday? Just not a good time to be struggling with the bats.

not to mention seems like we have gotten killed with 2 outs and RISP.....we gotta hold em down here, can't afford to give another run up, not with the bullpen toronto can march out there (ryan, downs)

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
When was the last time we got a hit with RISP? Early Saturday? Just not a good time to be struggling with the bats.

For the most part, we CRUSH average and mediocre pitching and are dominated by good pitching. There are exceptions (Saturday against Lackey, for example), but usually, that is how it works.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
I'm so freaking sick of giving up the first out in the inning due to bunting. I can't remember the last time it was actually successful. Maybe Ozzie thought the score was 1-0, and not 2-0?

I really think AJ did that on his own.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
I'm so freaking sick of giving up the first out in the inning due to bunting. I can't remember the last time it was actually successful. Maybe Ozzie thought the score was 1-0, and not 2-0?

I think its safe to say AJ did that trying to get a base hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)

I think its safe to say AJ did that trying to get a base hit.

Further, they are all struggling so badly I think they are just trying anything they can to get on. Sexy did the same earlier.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
For the most part, we CRUSH average and mediocre pitching and are dominated by good pitching. There are exceptions (Saturday against Lackey, for example), but usually, that is how it works.

Ehh, we're just streaky. We light up Verlander, CC, etc and get shut out by others. Depends on the guy and how the team is feeling that day.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)

To be fair, however, that's how it usually works with most teams.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
Ehh, we're just streaky. We light up Verlander, CC, etc and get shut out by others. Depends on the guy and how the team is feeling that day.

Well we've always lit up Verlander because he throws so many fastballs, and we can hit a fastball if we know it's coming. The C.C. thing was unexplainable, we couldn't touch him until this year, where we had great success against him. It is true that most teams hit bad pitching and can't hit good pitching, but it seems especially true with us.