WINNER

whitesoxbrian

split it tomorrow...I don't think we can count on Brandon Duckworth beating Liriano.

I hope the Sox didn't let just a little wind out of the Jays' balloon but rather stuck a needle all the way into it and popped the SOB. Marcum is good but he's beatable, and the Sox have Neckbeard Floyd going tomorrow. He could just go ahead and keep being the stud he's been all year and that'd be just fine by me.

Royals have quit, simply quit on their doofus of a manager. However ... you can bet they'll play their ass off against us. They think it's a rivalry, KC vs. Chicago. They have played us tough all year and will again in those 3 games in KC. What a joke of a franchise.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 04:05 AM)
Jenks is a bit worry some, but at this point in the season, any way you can get a W is a plus. Just pile them up.

Getting the series split from the hottest team in baseball won't be the worst thing that could happen to this team.

I agree that you take the W anyway it is presented. Four runs given up by the pen is a worry especially Jenks givingup 3 in the 9th. But, we won and tomorrow they might all shine

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
I agree that you take the W anyway it is presented. Four runs given up by the pen is a worry especially Jenks givingup 3 in the 9th. But, we won and tomorrow they might all shine

The box score says 4 but they really gave up 5. Buehrle left a shutout with a man on base and Dotel proceeded to give up a blast.

If I had to make a prediction as to who wins the division at this point, I'd guess that it will be the team that has the lowest team ERA in close games from this point forward. At the same time, of course, the Sox rotation seems to be wearing down rather quickly, so hope and pray that Danks can gut it out from this point forward.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
Great victory with the wild new lineup.

My question to you though is ... Is Dotel worth the money?? The bad Dotel is quite annoying; the good Dotel is a delight.

I would gladly take a moderatly decent Dotel over what he currently is: Lights out, "nintendo" stuff or the worst pitcher ever. Find some god damned middle ground man.

Just glancing ahead, if Cliff Lee stays on schedule, he'll pitch the last game of the season against the Sox. He'll also pitch in the Twins series before that. Twins are heading to BAL who are 1-9 in their last 10. And of course, the odds of the twins losing to KC again this season are pretty slim.

we've got to kick ass in NY and KC before heading into that series.

I would gladly take a moderatly decent Dotel over what he currently is: Lights out, "nintendo" stuff or the worst pitcher ever. Find some god damned middle ground man.

Amen. When he is bad like tonight ... he almost blew it for Mark who was OUTSTANDING.

The most satisfying thing about that win last night was it was classic '05-style smallball. Some great pitching, defense, a suicide squeeze (?!?!?! when was the last time you saw that), timely hitting, stolen bases... and not one homer. oh how I miss this.

The only thing that sucked was the bullpen, who almost gave the game away.

I WANT TO SEE MORE OF THIS KIND OF PLAY!