9/18 Sox vs. Bombers - 6:05 pm, WGN

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
I challenge anyone to come up with anyone worse.

It would be tough. There are some with worse numbers. Broadway is horrible, but he can shut teams down when its a blowout and they are just finishing out the game. When Ramirez comes in no matter what the circumstance, one thing is for certain, runs will be scored.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
how many KC castoffs have been through our pitching staff? a few duds that come to mind are Sisco, Macdougal, Ramirez...

Scott Sullivan

Is Ramirez really worse than Boone Logan and Wasserman? That's hard to believe.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
See Ramirez had a good ERA coming in here (no idea how smal that sample size was)

but as a Royals reliever you gotta think those guys are coming into sooo many already-decided contests.

I would trade all of our relievers (except for Jenks/Thornton) that are now on our roster for Soria...and I am sure that Dayton Moore would still laugh at KW.

Span/Casilla/Mauer/Morneau for the Twins in the Top of the 9th. It never seems to be easy!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
I don't agree with pitching Dotel this game. I know blowouts are the only games you can really trust him in now, but I really think his problem is he's gassed. He's made more appearances this year than he has in a long time. He needs rest if anything in an attempt to regain his form.

Totally agreed. We know what he can do when not tired. Just sit him whenever possible and hope it comes back for the playoffs, ala Duque.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:52 PM)
I would trade all of our relievers (except for Jenks/Thornton) that are now on our roster for Soria...and I am sure that Dayton Moore would still laugh at KW.

If they had Griffey wrapped up earlier, i wish they really woulda done something with an outfielder (BA?) going somewhere for at least a decent reliever.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
I don't agree with pitching Dotel this game. I know blowouts are the only games you can really trust him in now, but I really think his problem is he's gassed. He's made more appearances this year than he has in a long time. He needs rest if anything in an attempt to regain his form.

I disagree that this was the wrong choice. I think being tired has factored into his poor performance, but tonight was a good low pressure situation to work on his stuff. He made strides in his last outing in that he did throw some offspeed for strikes, and tonight he put it all together and didn't make the big miss while still locating the curveball. He has something to build off of for when we throw him in the fire with a tight 8th inning lead now.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 01:50 AM)
See Ramirez had a good ERA coming in here (no idea how smal that sample size was)

but as a Royals reliever you gotta think those guys are coming into sooo many already-decided contests.

Ramirez's numbers were inflated in a few extra inning games against the Sox. I was told his ERA is over 8 against the rest of baseball this year.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
If they had Griffey wrapped up earlier, i wish they really woulda done something with an outfielder (BA?) going somewhere for at least a decent reliever.

I think the odds of getting a decent reliever for Anderson were so-so at best.

I'm actually warming to the idea of holding onto him...unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have a position with the Sox.

However, his fundamentals (baserunning, shortening his swing, bunting, throwing to the right base and/or cut-off man, advancing runners) just don't seem to be there. Like Borchard and Fields, he's an athlete trying to play baseball, rather than a baseball player who's athletic (Alexei Ramirez would be an example of that).