Hello, I'm a PC

HuskyCaucasian

For those of you who havent notived, Microsoft sank LARGE money into two spots featuring Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates. They were largely hailed as dumb by the tech world.

Now they are launching Phase 2... "I'm a PC" commercials.

Here's the funny part:

Computerworld reports that several of the "I'm a PC" ad images that were posted to Microsoft's website were created on a Mac.

Four of the image
s
that Micro
s
oft made available on it
s
Pre
s
s
Pa
s
s
s
ite today di
s
play the de
s
ignation "Adobe Photo
s
hop C3 Macinto
s
h" when their file propertie
s
are examined. The image
s
appear to be frame
s
from the televi
s
ion ad
s
that Micro
s
oft will launch later today.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I have both the Mac and PC versions of the AdobeSuite products, and the Mac version is just much smoother and more intuitive. Shortcuts and just plain navigation throughout the programs is just easier. I also tend to favor my internet experiences on the Mac over the PC, except some internet based games don't always work right. Go to just about any design house or printshop, and they will tell you they prefer to design on a Mac.

I've been really considering getting a mac and for some reason can only finds arguments for Macintosh. So what are the key advantages for PCs? I always hear compatibility issues, but since now Macs now come with the ability to run both platforms, that isn't necessarily viable any longer.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
For those of you who havent notived, Microsoft sank LARGE money into two spots featuring Jerry Scienfeld and Bill Gates. They were largely hailed as dumb by the tech world.

Now they are launching Phase 2... "I'm a PC" commercials.

Here's the funny part:

F*** you for spelling it "Scienfeld" and this s*** was news a month ago when I published it on my blog.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (vandy125 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
Glad to see a response to those Mac commercials finally. Macs are good for some things (creating graphics and videos), but PCs are much better at what I want to use a computer for.

Well my mac runs Windows Vista and it runs OSX 10.5.5. The commercials are stupid, so is the anti-pc mac bias, and the anti-mac pc bias. Use the best machine for your needs. My Mac seems to compile my bsd programs a lot better than a PC, so for me the Unix under the hood is what I use and love about my Mac.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
I've been really considering getting a mac and for some reason can only finds arguments for Macintosh. So what are the key advantages for PCs? I always hear compatibility issues, but since now Macs now come with the ability to run both platforms, that isn't necessarily viable any longer.

The compatibility issues are minimal. You can use a virtual machine program like Parallels or VmWare in conjunction with Bootcamp and get both OSs to run independently as well as in parallel with each other. Office 2008 for Mac works well in a corporate environment and works with Office 2007. Entourage works well in Exchange 2007 environments. I am also using the OCS client from Microsoft on my Mac and can video conference, VOIP call, as well as my PC brethren.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:48 AM)
I actually liked the Seinfeld / Gates commercials. They were so stupid they were great. Pretty sure they were meant to be as bad as they were, and that was part of the charm. Gates came the closest to capturing a "Dave Thomas" persona as I have seen yet for any person in charge of a company.

What about the Purdue chicken dude.

Or the dumbasses of Smythe furniture.Those guys are brutal.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
Its kind of sad that they're peddling people as nothing more than a product. Not even discreet about it anymore, literally "I am ".

You realize that Mac has been doing this all along, right? I really hope that you aren't just criticizing PC here.

You realize that Mac has been doing this all along, right? I really hope that you aren't just criticizing PC here.

I just think it's dumb to be so entrenched over something so trivial as what computer you use. Is it going to be on your driver's license in 15 years whether you use a PC or a Mac?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
I just think it's dumb to be so entrenched over something so trivial as what computer you use. Is it going to be on your driver's license in 15 years whether you use a PC or a Mac?

At least they aren't as bad as, say, PS3/Blu-Ray fanboys.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 07:30 AM)
I noticed a lot of crazy posts from Steve came right around that same time a couple days ago, at 1:30 am. I think he was drunk posting.

:lolhitting got it. I was reading that and wondering if he had an unnatural attachment to the comedian's name.