Single Game Playoff Tickets

Steve9347

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
I don't know. I joined the Sox Pride Club so I actually have a 3% chance of getting a ticket instead of the 0% I had without it.

I know you had to register with mlb.com this past week to be eligible. And if anyone wants to buy Cubs tickets (not necessarily to keep), they go on sale tomorrow.

I thought they changed it this year and had that signup for the lottery online. I know last time it was basically first come first serve online for tickets, but I think this time u have be selected from the lottery and then u can buy up to 4 tickets per person to one of the ALDS games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Anyone know when these go on sale? Do they normally put them for sale even if the team has not clinched yet. I don't want to jinx the club, I'm just looking for information.

I am not sure how many tickets would be available. As a full season ticket holder I received an email yesterday to buy addtional tickets for the first round.

I got my ALDS game 2 tix on Stubhub. It figures that in '06 and '07 when I had the weekday split season plan they missed the postseason (though between '06 opening night and Buehrle's no hitter it was more than worth it), but I figure I'll go the stubhub route again should they make it in. I'm actually going to wind up purchasing a split season plan for '09 again, but probably not in time to get the "playoff payoff" or whatever nifty name they came up with this time around.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 22, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
Thanks for the link(never heard of that site) but I am looking to buy them from the Sox. I am a season ticket holder with playoff seats, but need 1 more ticket.

Your welcome but don't season ticket holders have a rep? Why not just call your rep ? 1 ticket is always a b**** to find.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 07:34 AM)
Anybdoy get an e-mail from the Sox about the ALDS tix yet? Site says that the lottery winners will find out today. Sounds like the Rays already sent theirs out and my fiancee got an e-mail this morning from the Cubs. (Yes, she's a Cubs fan).

I was just wondering the samething myself. I have no golden email :(

They probably won't send them out until later tonight, and you'll get an email either way if you won in the lottery for a chance to buy tickets, or if declined. I got a declined email from the Cubs yesterday evening (they were supposed to send their results out yesterday)

Great idea for those who did the Tampa lottery, I totally didn't even think about that.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)
They probably won't send them out until later tonight, and you'll get an email either way if you won in the lottery for a chance to buy tickets, or if declined. I got a declined email from the Cubs yesterday evening (they were supposed to send their results out yesterday)

Great idea for those who did the Tampa lottery, I totally didn't even think about that.

That would be great if they sent them out either way. It will at least let you know where you stand.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 10:04 AM)
Got an extra ticket! Section 530, Row 10 for Game 1 the ALDS.

Wait, are they on sale right now?! I'm confused. I'm a partial holder, so we're going to get our tix in the mail (all ALDS, 1 ALCS, 1 WS), hopefully soon. But did you get an offer for extras? Or did you buy on a scalp site?

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
No I don't think the lottery winners for tickets have been chosen yet... I could be wrong though. You should receive an email either way... accepted or declined.

Now I'm confused again.

Tony, did your rep just send you an email saying you got extra tickets? Did you request them in some way?

My rep is about to get an angry email.