White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

It would be hard to argue that it's a choke if we lose tomorrow. To get swept by an average team playing below average baseball like the Twins can't be described as anything but a choke, even with as average as we are and playing below average as we are. Let's see what happens tomorrow though, going to wait for that before I go crazy.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 11:34 PM)
Something to the effect of "Ozzie likes to call them piranhas but when they get on base I call em shi* heads cause the do everything out there right"

Yeah, more praise for the Twins. Just what our team needs to hear from another one of our team leaders.

The Sox aren't going to do s*** tomorrow. If the sluggers couldn't get to Blackburn they're not doing jack against Slowey.

I'd make some drastic changes.

Lineup:

Cabrera SS

Ramirez 2B

Griffey DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Swisher RF

Uribe 3B

Wise CF

Owens LF

Now you have 5 guys in a row with some speed on the bases. Maybe Owens and Wise can get a bunt hit or two or an infield chopper. Maybe one of those guys can steal a bag and put some pressure on the opposing pitcher. All I know is that this all or nothing s*** is not working and I'd feel a lot more confident in being able to scrape a couple runs across with a lineup like that than I would with a bunch of fence swingers who can't pick up a changeup.

The only way I can see us winning tomorrow is by Gavin going 7+ and giving up 2 runs or less with our offense actually manufacturing a few runs. I can't believe I'm asking for Wise and Owens in the lineup, but I'm sick of watching this s***. Make some f***ing changes.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 04:47 AM)
Let's attempt to compile a complete list of all the winnable games we gave away this year.

#1. The Dotel game in Oakland.

- Game #1 of the season

- Suspended game against Baltimore

- Letting Wassermann and Ramirez pitch at Yankee Stadium

- Blowing two different 4 run leads at the Twins

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Let's attempt to compile a complete list of all the winnable games we gave away this year.

#1. The Dotel game in Oakland.

That's hard to do when you try your hardest to block that s*** out permanently. I know there were at least 2 big Dotel slams, several ugly Thome K's on pitches out of the strikezone with a runner on 3rd with less than two outs, I know there have been all kinds of botched bunts, rundowns, straight steals, and hit and run plays, I know our bullpen has crapped all over itself numerous times, Buehrle has failed many times to pitch over mistakes, Javy has s*** himself... I believe we're about an even .500 or a game below since the All-Star break, and we hardly hit at all in the first half. We've easily given up 20+ games, and while obviously this stuff happens over the course of the season and you can't win them all, you can't expect to give up that many.

2008 Sox is as bad or worse than the 2003 Sox, and the only reason we're still in it is because up until the start of this series, the Twins have been even worse.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
The Baltimore makeup game hurts like hell. Really, Ozzie, Horaico Ramirez to pitch a third inning? Everyone and their mother knew he was going to give up runs.

How many games did we blow against Tampa this season? Was it 4? I know we lost 2 games @Tampa where we had numerous chances to get guys in from 3rd with less than 2 out. Couldn't do s*** and ended up losing on walkoffs.

Couple of those games @Toronto were like that too.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 10:54 PM)
That's hard to do when you try your hardest to block that s*** out permanently. I know there were at least 2 big Dotel slams, several ugly Thome K's on pitches out of the strikezone with a runner on 3rd with less than two outs, I know there have been all kinds of botched bunts, rundowns, straight steals, and hit and run plays, I know our bullpen has crapped all over itself numerous times, Buehrle has failed many times to pitch over mistakes, Javy has s*** himself... I believe we're about an even .500 or a game below since the All-Star break, and we hardly hit at all in the first half. We've easily given up 20+ games, and while obviously this stuff happens over the course of the season and you can't win them all, you can't expect to give up that many.

2008 Sox is as bad or worse than the 2003 Sox, and the only reason we're still in it is because up until the start of this series, the Twins have been even worse.

I don't know about that. We've held first place all season long. The longest out of every 1st place team, no? Similar in injuries though. Contreras and Quentin have been big losses. As well as Linebrink for that time he was gone really hurt.

This team has sucked all of September for the most part. Sucked on the road for a long long time especially against decent to good teams. My only hope for tomorrow is that Minnesota has played like dung all month as well and shouldn't take all 3. They should s*** themselves one game of the three. We would not have swept them in the Cell. With full houses each day, we'd have won 2 of 3 maybe.

Jermaine Dye is an MVP candidate?

REALLY?

LOL

The way this team has played since Quentin went down, CQ is undoubtably the most valuable player in the AL (IMO)

But the award isn't really about who the most valuable player is, it's generally who the "best" player is, and a player who doesnt finish the season can't really qualify for it

But it'd be hard to argue that Quentin wasn't the most valuable, even up until the end of the season

The feeling this team gives me is one and the same as eating so much of something that you can't even stand the sight, thought, or smell of food. I'm thankful I have work tomorrow so I can't watch the game. I'm honestly leaning towards not attending Sunday's game which I hold tickets to. I've been preparing myself for this (series and subsequent collpase, or moreso kindly handing over first place) for months now and it's still more awful than I could imagine. Get your heads out of your asses and at least pretend to play like you want it. THEY certainly are. I heard Jessie Rogers on the Score today talking about how the light atmosphere hasn't changed after Tuesday night's violent and shameful rape. What don't they understand?

The viewing public will be shafted if this 25 man joke makes it to October and to national television. Whoever draws them might as well throw a pitching machine on the bump and save their staff for when they have to face a baseball team. It will puzzle and confound these clueless f***ing hitters. Did I hear correctly that Blackie had a near 20 ERA in his last few starts? Disgusting.

I want to eat these words so badly. I want to be proved wrong, but if I were a degenerate gambler I would pretty much bet my car and home on the Twins. Ditto to the idea, nay, fact that after the Twins clinch we will destroy Cliff Lee to the point where there will be questions about his winning a Cy Young.

The viewing public will be shafted if this 25 man joke makes it to October and to national television.

I don't know about that. If we had showed some balls and gotten into the playoffs, the Sox-Cubs frenzy would be great and we might actually man up and win the first series. Instead, Minnie has knocked us off.