Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox - 9/26

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 06:53 AM)
Guys ... read the Sun Times DeLuca column. The team has stopped believing. Sorry but we are toast.

Swisher brooding; OC talking to Twins about how great the Twins are; Oz ripping everybody in sight. We ain't winning s*** vs. the Tribe.

Let the firesale begin ... hopefully at the winter meetings when our big name players' performances of this season will have been largely forgotten and we can get some value for Swish, Paulie, Dye, Javy, etc.

How can we believe in a team that has tanked??

That article didn't indicate anything or tell us anything we didn't already know. Who cares if OC and Morneau are talking to each other on the field? And who gives a flying f#@* that Nick Swisher is pissed off? The only Sox player that said anything relevant was AJ and I hope he's right about next Tuesday:

"Hopefully we go home, win four games and kick their ass on Tuesday.''

Me? As another poster so eloquently put it, the Twins blew their wad against us (They acted like they won the division last night :nono ) and hopefully lose 2 outta 3 to KC and we sweep Cle. BTW, I heard on the radio Cliff Lee's battling a sore neck and may not make the Sun start so it's definitely not over yet!

:gosox1: and screw the Twins :fight

Edited by Allsox

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:32 PM)
What's the fans reaction before this game?? Hope they boo the hell out of these heartless clowns.

I hope the fans cheer their asses off for the Sox to sweep Cleveland. As horrible as the Minnesota series is, the Sox still control their own destiny by having the DET makeup game to makeup that 1/2 game deficit. If you are going to boo, stay home and boo to your television.

Some of you guys are unbelievable! The Sox and Twins are TIED in the loss column. How can anybody say these games don't matter. If the Sox win these next four home games, where by the way, they win 70% of the time, they will win this division. I don't see the Twins sweeping the Royals. I think Greinke will shut them down. Yeah the last three days sucked, yeah the Sox didn't show much, but the upcoming series is huge. Fans need to show up and cheer for their team. But b1tching on message boards and feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to do anything. Go Sox!

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
Some of you guys are unbelievable! The Sox and Twins are TIED in the loss column. How can anybody say these games don't matter. If the Sox win these next four home games, where by the way, they win 70% of the time, they will win this division. I don't see the Twins sweeping the Royals. I think Greinke will shut them down. Yeah the last three days sucked, yeah the Sox didn't show much, but the upcoming series is huge. Fans need to show up and cheer for their team. But b1tching on message boards and feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to do anything. Go Sox!

Greinke isn't pitching against the Twins.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
Greinke isn't pitching against the Twins.

and Lee isn't pitching fo the Indians

Here is the line-up I would throw out there for all four (hopefully 3) games and say get it done you are all veterans

Swisher-Cabrera-Thome-Dye-Griffey-Konerko-Ramirez -AJ-Uribe

Bullpen for all three games

Dotel - Thorton - Linebrink - Jenks, that's it.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)

Here is the line-up I would throw out there for all four (hopefully 3) games and say get it done you are all veterans

i actually like it.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)

I would do it too, but we all know Ozzie won't.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)

Just say no to Griffey starting vs LHP.

I'd probably switch Cabrera and Swisher. I think Swisher's a pretty decent option at #2. I might even consider Alexei at leadoff. He doesn't walk, but at least he has productive at-bats. He can also go 1st-3rd pretty well. I'd also put BA in CF against the lefty & for defense.

Jenks isn't going to be available for at least tonights game.

You know what guys,I was thoroughly disgusted with the Sox over the last 3 games but it s true,as much as we probably don t deserve to go to the playoffs,it s still up to them,let s win out and get that 1 game playoff vs Minny,God I love for the Sox to have 1 more shot at them...do you guys know how they would decide where that 1 game playoff would be played if it were to happen?Someone said a coin flip,I thought they went on head to head record?