Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
The last time you'll see him in a White Sox uni. Thank God.

I know I wouldn't miss him, but his trade value has certainly dropped and he carries a relatively high price for what he delivers as of late. We already have to fill one hole with Contreras out. I bet he is back.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
It's almost a given. I can't imagine him coming back next year. He is a proven loser, totally proven. Trouble is, the book on him is out now, I can't imagine getting anything other than a middling prospect. He offers absolutely NOTHING to any team hoping to win big.

Some NL team will roll the dice on him.

I dont even understand how some of you consider yourselves Sox fans.

Javy is the Sox 4th starter, due to having to play the last few weeks we could not set the rotation. Javy is not supposed to shut down the other team, he is supposed to keep the Sox in the game so that we have a chance to win. Anyone expecting more is just setting themselves up for failure.

If this was any other pitcher people would be talking about how easy grounders were getting through our infield, how we let pop ups drop, how the Sox couldnt get a double play. but since its Javy you all just want to kick him around.

f*** that, Im not going to sit here and say hes good, but I at least respect the effort that he has given to the Sox.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)

Javy is the Sox 4th starter, due to having to play the last few weeks we could not set the rotation. Javy is not supposed to shut down the other team, he is supposed to keep the Sox in the game so that we have a chance to win.

He's paid a lot of money to get hitters out. He sucks...this will be his 17th lost on a team that almost won 90 games. No one in the organization respects him either. I can't wait until he's traded so we can hear how despised he was.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
Why do you guys think the experts all picked the Rays?

Don't blame them for being right

I felt this was an L when I heard Javy was pitching, but looked at his numbers against TB this year and had some hope. I was way off.

I was expecting an L, I'll probably get an L. Go get em, Mark!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)

Javy is the Sox 4th starter, due to having to play the last few weeks we could not set the rotation. Javy is not supposed to shut down the other team, he is supposed to keep the Sox in the game so that we have a chance to win. Anyone expecting more is just setting themselves up for failure.

If this was any other pitcher people would be talking about how easy grounders were getting through our infield, how we let pop ups drop, how the Sox couldnt get a double play. but since its Javy you all just want to kick him around.

f*** that, Im not going to sit here and say hes good, but I at least respect the effort that he has given to the Sox.

:unsure:

Are you watching the same Javy Vazquez that I am? In the black uniform that says "Sox" on it?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)

That is the problem right there, Javy is paid like our top pitcher and went into the season as probably our number 2 in the rotation, chance to be the ace of our rotation. Now he is our 4th starter and even than if he wasnt paid what he was Id want him in the minors.