Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Who is making excuses?

All I keep saying is that people who expected Javy to play like a 1 or 2 starter because he gets paid a lot dont know s*** about baseball.

Pay checks have no correlation to players ability.

Thome gets paid more than Longoria, so he must be better?

Maybe you should stop being patronizing and telling people that they aren't real Sox fans for getting on a loser who doesn't perform and was just quoted about talking about taking it easy in retirement when responding to criticism that he doesn't step up in big games.

Javier Vazquez has always had the talent to be a #1 or #2 starter and has consistently padded his stats when games mean little to nothing and choked in ones that really matter.

That you would defend this indefensible assclown is utterly perplexing given his stats.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
Most playoff teams pay their 4 starter comparable to Javy Vazquez or have worse players who are getting paid more.

This isnt about "average" teams, this is about playing the BEST teams.

Javy would be a 4 if not 5 on most of the playoff teams, just because some one paid him money doesnt make him good.

Maybe we can get Driefort, I hear he got paid a ton he must be amazing.

In the AL Boston doesn't have any pitcher including Beckett who gets paid as much as Javy. The Angels have 1, in Jon Garland, and Tampa has no pitcher making Dotel money. Lilly is the Cubs #4 and he makes 8million this year, so who are you talking about?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
WTF??? Do they know that the rosters can change each series? Unless they have a legitimate excuse, anybody who chose to go home should be moved this off season.

Eh, if they really needed someone they're a plane ride away.

Personally, I'd go with the team until the end, but some guys would bolt if they're told they're not needed.

I know it sounds like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, but to me it's two different situations.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:27 PM)
We've torched Javy enough. Even if he pitches well, the chances of us winning are slim. Our offense simply stinks.

I'll agree. I've had my say. I hope others have had theirs. Lord knows it'll be discussed all off-season. They are down 3. Let's get them back and win this f***er.

It's so strange, but I think I was much angrier when the Sox were losing last week than I am right now. I felt like we blew our wad the last 3 games....and thank Quentin we made it to the playoffs at least. As we've been saying, making the playoffs is better than not. Even if the Sox get swept, I'll have extremely positive thoughts about the 2008 season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
We've torched Javy enough. Even if he pitches well, the chances of us winning are slim. Our offense simply stinks.

3 runs would have gotten it done with our last 3 starters on the mound. Bottom line is javvy does not 'give us a chance' to win. That's all I ask from our SP...NO, i dont expect any of them to deal shutouts, but JUST GIVE US A CHANCE...that hoser never does when we reeally need it. I hope he is gone after this year, more than anything for this team...dump that guy.

And seeing Richard throwing the ball pretty well now indicates that we have better in house options than GasCan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
It's so strange, but I think I was much angrier when the Sox were losing last week than I am right now. I felt like we blew our wad the last 3 games....and thank Quentin we made it to the playoffs at least. As we've been saying, making the playoffs is better than not. Even if the Sox get swept, I'll have extremely positive thoughts about the 2008 season.

I'm the same. Not really furious. I think I would be more angry if we were losing to LA or Boston. I don't hate Tampa for any reason.