Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Who is making excuses?

All I keep saying is that people who expected Javy to play like a 1 or 2 starter because he gets paid a lot dont know s*** about baseball.

Pay checks have no correlation to players ability.

Thome gets paid more than Longoria, so he must be better?

I have tremendous respect for you SB, but no. The example you gave is terrible too considering Thome got his contract back in like 2002 when his production was beyond excellent. Javy has never ever been a big game pitcher. Javy got his contract even after he choked in New York, but looked pretty good with Arizona.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
Yep, Maddon made a brilliant managerial decision by starting Shields today and Kazmir tomorrow. He knew the situation Ozzie was in with the rotation, and he was able to match up Kazmir against a better pitcher in game 2 than who Shields would have to face.

In all honesty, that's more common sense than brilliance. Any idiot knows Javy can't pitch in big games and was a lock to be useless today.

In the AL Boston doesn't have any pitcher including Beckett who gets paid as much as Javy. The Angels have 1, in Jon Garland, and Tampa has no pitcher making Dotel money. Lilly is the Cubs #4 and he makes 8million this year, so who are you talking about?

Schilling sat on the bench this year for the Red Sox making 8mil.

As you said Lilly makes 8mil.

Dice-K was paid much more than the Sox have paid to Javy.

Jon Garland makes as much as Javy.

So 3 of the 4 Al playoff teams pay as much or more to a Javy style player (Schilling, Javy, Garland)

What are you talking about?

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
It's so strange, but I think I was much angrier when the Sox were losing last week than I am right now. I felt like we blew our wad the last 3 games....and thank Quentin we made it to the playoffs at least. As we've been saying, making the playoffs is better than not. Even if the Sox get swept, I'll have extremely positive thoughts about the 2008 season.

I wish I could think like that, then maybe I'd be satisfied. Winning the 2nd worst division in baseball and getting eliminated quickly won't make feel differently than if the Sox had not made the playoffs at all.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
i know the rays are winning and they are a good story, but if you couldnt see the tv, i swear you would have no idea who they are playing by the audio. geez.

Yep. Reynolds has spent the entire game extolling them.

Edited by Sox It To Em

We need to score atleast 1 more run before the 9th for me to give us a legitimate shot. Its nice to see Richard dealing, Im still not sure if he has the tools to be a starter in this league or a bullpen arm. I do think he would be great in the pen next season if given that role.