Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
If the Sox cant score more than 3 runs does it matter if Richard or Vaz pitched?

At least with Richard he can get some confidence and save our bullpen because this was our worst match up. The next 3 games is where we have the edge.

I'd say Kazmir vs Buehrle is a worse matchup. Kazmir is a lefty which means Thome is rendered useless along with AJ and probably Griffey. I wonder what Wise looks like against lefties as well. Anyway, I would've started Buehrle again on 3 days rest and leave Javy in there the 2nd game to get blasted. I honestly think whoever wins tomorrow is going to win like 2-1.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
Sox dont pay all of Javy's contract.

Yankees pay some, AZ pay some.

But I dont know the exact numbers, im pretty sure that Kalapse knows them haha

That was for Javy's last contract. We've extended him since then.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Sox dont pay all of Javy's contract.

Yankees pay some, AZ pay some.

But I dont know the exact numbers, im pretty sure that Kalapse knows them haha

Isn't Javy pitching on a new contract we gave him? I don't think NY or AZ are paying anything.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
The Orioles would be a decent bet.

Maybe go after Roberts with Vazquez as one of the main pieces.

Why would the Orioles trade one of their most popular players for a pitcher with almost no upside, besides eating up innings as a 4/5 starter and making a few persistent Roto League owners happy with his strikeouts? Especially at his salary. Just doesn't make sense for Baltimore. Nobody has gotten him to change his career-long trajectory of not pitching very well under pressure. He just looks defeated...maybe he's not even on the ALCS roster if we go there. But it's a tremendous off-season dilemma for Williams to get another GM to take a risk without us having to subsidize his contract.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
Bull.f***ing.s***.

Go back and read the Vazquez starting Game 1. Most everyone said it was the right call, and it made sense.

Players need to preform.

:lolhitting

Whatever you say. Players DO need to perform, but at the same time, Javy has almost never performed in the clutch. So for anybody to be surprised at his performance today is just a case of having your head in the sand.