Tampa Rays @ Chicago White Sox 4:05 pm CT

kman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
And Sonnanstine sucks. The Sox offense is doing a terrible job, as usual, against junk ballers.

He's getting the ball over the plate in at least 90% of his pitches, something Gavin wasn't doing (He fell behind almost every batter he faced)

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
Are you serious? Before this year, we were supposed to suck. Then, we played the whole month of September except 2 or 3 games without Quentin, the MVP. Did you really expect another ring?

No, I didn't expect another ring. But I can't tell you how many times I watched these games and just got so frustrated. I think we could have done so much better. But losing Quentin, and Contreras was frustrating. Nick Swisher sucking was frustrating. Kong and Thome batting sub .250 was frustrating. Joe Crede finally hitting again, but playing the worst D of his career was frustrating (and then he got hurt). Having to watch Juan Uribe play half the year was frustrating.

Just my opinion I guess.

Blame Javy if you want to blame anyone. We would've wrapped up the division long before the play-in game had he not soiled his pants start after start after start. We could've given some of our guys (mainly our starters) some more rest. And that's not even mentioning his terrible game 1 performance that put us behind the 8ball from the start.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
No, I didn't expect another ring. But I can't tell you how many times I watched these games and just got so frustrated. I think we could have done so much better. But losing Quentin, and Contreras was frustrating. Nick Swisher sucking was frustrating. Kong and Thome batting sub .250 was frustrating. Joe Crede finally hitting again, but playing the worst D of his career was frustrating (and then he got hurt). Having to watch Juan Uribe play half the year was frustrating.

Just my opinion I guess.

I agree. This team loses for all the wrong reasons. 2006 was more frustrating though.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
He's getting the ball over the plate in at least 90% of his pitches, something Gavin wasn't doing (He fell behind almost every batter he faced)

He's thrown about 10% hangers, and yet we are hitting weak ground balls, low pop ups, and swinging through them. The guy has hit 90 at the best. It's embarrassing.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
Our offense needs to be fixed for next year. We cannot function like this. Our offense is built to function from June to August with the temp above 85 degrees with the wind blowing out.

Exactly. Go for Brian Roberts first, and then if we can, then go for a guy like Beltre, which seems so impossible considering our lack of big time prospects.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
Blame Javy if you want to blame anyone. We would've wrapped up the division long before the play-in game had he not soiled his pants start after start after start. We could've given some of our guys (mainly our starters) so more rest. And that's not even mentioning his terrible game 1 performance that pull us behind the 8ball from the start.

lol. Blame javy for the slumping stock market too. Its all his fault.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
I agree. This team loses for all the wrong reasons. 2006 was more frustrating though.

2006 was 10 times more frustrating.....coming off the world series everyone had high expectations.

This year, we were expected to finish 3rd or 4th in the division and got a division title and 4 playoff games.

It is not even close.

Just my opinion I guess.

Well yeah, but we got in the f***ing playoffs. Don't even say the goal is to win it all, because you can't set a goal like that. The goal is to get to October, and go from there.

Yeah, Swisher, Konerko, Thome, etc. played poorly to their standards, but don't forget all the guys who played great- Ramirez, Floyd, Danks, Jenks, Thornton, Quentin, Buehrle, etc.

Just my opinion I guess.

If you can't recognize how much more talented (that's what happens when you have so many high first rounders over the years) and quick and efficient the Rays are, then I don't know what to say...

Yeah, Gavin picked a bad day to lose his command, but he's had a great season, overall. It's almost like you can't find anything to cheer about or be optimistic about. Frustrating yes, but trying be a Cubs' fan.