Tampa Rays @ Chicago White Sox 4:05 pm CT

kman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
Well, guys, a divisional championship and a playoff appearance is awesome. It has been a great season.

I think this has been one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember in a while.

This and 2006 I guess, but I'll give the edge to this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
Please no Gavin hate. Think about how far this guy has come. He didn't have it today.

If we only had more pitching depth, he'd be the ultimate sell high guy. With his K rate and home run trouble, I'm not sure if he'll ever be better than he was this year (not that it's a bad thing).

AJ should've told Gavin to ignore the runner, in addition it was just a terribly managed inning. Great season, guys. But our approach at the plate has been terrible, and OC is a dead out along with Thome right now. Just too much to overcome 4 runs.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
Probably a few, who will turn it back on moments later.

I'm watching it illegally on that guys yahoo. But naw, no more in front of a real tv. Isn't working.

This is why the need for a competent backup catcher is of utmost importance next year. Toby Hall sucks at offense and is even worse defensively. Give me a guy who has a gun behind the plate and let him spot start against teams with speed when Floyd is pitching. It's a travesty that we are so bad at holding and throwing runners out.

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
I think this has been one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember in a while.

This and 2006 I guess, but I'll give the edge to this year.

Are you serious? Before this year, we were supposed to suck. Then, we played the whole month of September except 2 or 3 games without Quentin, the MVP. Did you really expect another ring?

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)

But you blew it big time in the only game that matters.. oh well. At least you got some experience.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
Congrats on perhaps the worst post in Soxtalk history. I guess game 162 vs the Tigers didn't mean anything.

Right on! Couldn't have said it better myself fathom.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
Andy Sonnanstine is the same age as Gavin

And Sonnanstine sucks. The Sox offense is doing a terrible job, as usual, against junk ballers.

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 05:06 PM)
But you blew it big time in the only game that matters.. oh well. At least you got some experience.

he's coming off an awesome must win game from last sunday.