Tampa Rays @ Chicago White Sox 4:05 pm CT

kman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bhay99 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
it's alright....it's still not over....couple hits and a longball and this game is interesting again

That's the thing- WE DON'T GET HITS!

Like the Sox playoff TBS commercial has Dye and AJ say- "we don't hit the ball, we hammer the ball".

I like Richard,the Rays are a better team,they outlasted the Red Sox,they have a lot of ways they can beat you,its their year...our team has to improve for next year but overall I m optmistic going forward...we can't beat too many teams with our one dimensional offense.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
Next season our offense woes will be a thing of the past. We will add good things, especially Quentin back in the lineup. Then hopefully Rafael Furcal at SS and Casey Blake at 3rd. So that is adding a .800 OPS 3rd baseman, a near 1.000 OPS LF and a top-notch leadoff hitter. KW is probably the sickest person watching this s***, I am confident they will go out and get an impact player somewhere and then hopefully a Alexei-type pickup also.

I'm not counting on finding another Alexei Ramirez and Quentin in the same off-season, that happens about once every 25 years.

However, I do expect improvements in the htting/offensive approach...unfortunately, I think Walker will still be around. That might not have been the case had the White Sox missed the playoffs, losing on Sunday to complete the Indians' sweep. Think how much different that off-season would feel than this?

Edited by caulfield12

Unfortunately I have to leave for class right now, I believe this is the last of White Sox Baseball 2008. I thank the organization for a season to remember, and making things interesting till the last game. Now get in the game and come back while I'm in my economics class.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
I like Richard,the Rays are a better team,they outlasted the Red Sox,they have a lot of ways they can beat you,its their year...our team has to improve for next year but overall I m optmistic going forward...we can't beat too many teams with our one dimensional offense.

good post