Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays ALCS Thread

kjshoe04

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 11:15 PM)
IMO, Boston has just as good of a shot to win this now. I know Beckett hasn't been himself but they're 8-1 since 2004 in elimination games and with one of the 5 best postseason pitchers ever going for you in game 6, you have to feel good.

12-2 if you go back to 2003 if my math is correct. The only team since then that's really cut their hearts out when they had the chance was, well, some team from 2005. I can't remember which one.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:22 PM)
I don't hate the Red Sox like many in here do,wtf,we aren't Yankees fans...I hope the Carmines break the hearts of those upstart punks at their horrendous "ballpark" in front of their bandwagon trailer trash "fans"...GO RED SOX!!!

I feel you on that one. I truly hate one franchise and their fans. I don't have to tell you who they are. I actually envy Boston and their ability to stay competitive year in and out while still being able to produce elite talent from within.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)
I feel you on that one. I truly hate one franchise and their fans. I don't have to tell you who they are. I actually envy Boston and their ability to stay competitive year in and out while still being able to produce elite talent from within.

Spend some time in New England and you will learn to hate them. I got to spend 3 weeks in August in that area of the country.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
Spend some time in New England and you will learn to hate them. I got to spend 3 weeks in August in that area of the country.

You might be right. I just can't bring myself to hate them. Maybe if we had a rivalry with them or something. lol. I save my hate for one team and fanbase.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 11:26 PM)
:lolhitting

Right on,on the one team you truly hate I would wager you 5 bucks that its the same one I despise,those cocksuckers from a Minnesota,I don't even bother to call them Twins,they are the Minnesota Cocksuckers to me,the Tigers Indians and Royals don't suck like the Minnesota Cocksuckers... :gosox3:

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
:lolhitting

Right on,on the one team you truly hate I would wager you 5 bucks that its the same one I despise,those cocksuckers from a Minnesota,I don't even bother to call them Twins,they are the Minnesota Cocksuckers to me,the Tigers Indians and Royals don't suck like the Minnesota Cocksuckers... :gosox3:

You're actually wrong. Good guess though. lol. I loathe no team and fanbase in all of sports more than the Scubs and their scum-of-the-earth short-bus riding supporters.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)

I've been there twice. Everyone there was polite. Even at fenway when I was wearing my sox jersey. No heckling, nothing.

if boston wins i'm going to puke. I can't stand them. They are doing what we couldn't do to the Rays which is rallying 8 runs and STAYING ALIVE!! I don't want the Red Sox to win another world series I find their fans just as irritating as Yankee fans except without as many WS rings.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 12:28 AM)
You're actually wrong. Good guess though. lol. I loathe no team and fanbase in all of sports more than the Scubs and their scum-of-the-earth short-bus riding supporters.

Wow,that is a surprise to me,I could see you hating the fan base but the organization?I thought a part of hating a team was a result of their success and the Cubs have been anything but...to be honest with you,I actually feel sorry for the Cubs and their fans which is actually worse,lol!I would much rather they hate me and my team then feel sorry for me :lolhitting

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
I thought Maddon managed this game horrible. I agreed with Starting Kazmir, but what the hell is he doing bringing in his closer in the seventh? Why not bring in Howell then go to Wheeler, the way he's been doing it all year.

No idea.

But that pen was also due for a blow up. They had been hot of late, but their pen is still a bunch of no-names with zero closer.