Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

Season on the Brink: The Miami Hurricanes Edition continues today at Duke. With Duke coming off a loss, I expect the refs to turn into little b****es for Coach K and let the crybaby get his way all afternoon. Hopefully we can stay within 10 and move forward after this game. A loss doesnt end our hopes but a win puts us back in the field of 34.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
Season on the Brink: The Miami Hurricanes Edition continues today at Duke. With Duke coming off a loss, I expect the refs to turn into little b****es for Coach K and let the crybaby get his way all afternoon. Hopefully we can stay within 10 and move forward after this game. A loss doesnt end our hopes but a win puts us back in the field of 34.

There is no doubt the Refs will win this game for Duke.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
What the frick happened to Miami in the 2nd half?

Couldnt get a defensive rebound and Duke was making their shots.

Tough pill to swallow because we really could have won this game.

What pisses me off is that if we've played the way we have the past two games, we're a top 25 team no doubt. But we dont bring the effort like this every night and that is the difference between the haves and have nots.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
I guess, still strange. He is doing a good job of talking about the Duke v UNc game for the entire first half.

Thats what he does. I expect nothing less from the man, thats all he knows. its too bad he doesnt realize that there are more than 2 college basketball teams in the world

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
We all know he is a POS. Fact is I dont see Duke or UNC in the final four.

Ha really? Duke I agree with, don't think they will be a top 10 team by the end of the regular season. UNC though? I still think they are the best team in the land.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
Ha really? Duke I agree with, don't think they will be a top 10 team by the end of the regular season. UNC though? I still think they are the best team in the land.

Dick Vitale is hardly a POS. He does some great things for cancer research, he's just a ridiculously bad broadcaster.

As for UNC in the final 4, only if Tyler Zeller returns soon.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
Dick Vitale is hardly a POS. He does some great things for cancer research, he's just a ridiculously bad broadcaster.

As for UNC in the final 4, only if Tyler Zeller returns soon.

Agreed, I meant his contribution to the sports broadcasting world is crap. He is definitely a good person.

Roy with his own players in the tourney is never a good thing.

I really think this is the kind of year where a George Mason can make a run to the final four. This season is an absolute crapshoot.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

What a mutherf***ing comeback. f*** clemson. Woooooooooooohoooooooo.

Note: not Illinois/Zona comeback level, but for how s***ty we played, it was damn f***ing close.

Wooooot

Soloman Alabi=Nigerian Nightmare!

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 01:44 AM)
Gophers kept it close against OSU today, but fell again. We really need to improve our offense if we have any hope of doing anything this year, although seeing Hoff make some shots was a damn nice thing.

Felix, the Gophers are very much improved, but dude, if they don`t figure out how to do a better job rebounding, they will continue to struggle against teams with bigs in the paint. Good luck the rest of the way.

QUOTE (4 points @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 04:11 AM)
Felix, the Gophers are very much improved, but dude, if they don`t figure out how to do a better job rebounding, they will continue to struggle against teams with bigs in the paint. Good luck the rest of the way.

Rebounding is normally a problem (although this year is far better than previous years in that regard), but we outrebounded OSU by 7 yesterday. It wasn't a problem against them at all. The real problem was unforced turnovers, especially by our guards. Al Nolen had an uncharacteristically bad game and when he's struggling its very hard for our offense to get going.