Official 2008-2009 College Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
When ISU was good, you have to admit it made for some epic matchups in Hilton and Allen Fieldhouse. You may have hated us, but they were great games and both arenas got ridiculously loud.

That was before my KU years, therefore they have been bad during my tenure as a KU fan/Student/Grad

:)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
When ISU was good, you have to admit it made for some epic matchups in Hilton and Allen Fieldhouse. You may have hated us, but they were great games and both arenas got ridiculously loud.

I used to remember to loathe the day when the Jayhawks had to go up to Hilton. I don't think the Cyclones will ever be able to replicate/recover from the Floyd-Eustacy era. Matter of fact, I remember one game I think my frosh year in 96... KU was #1, Iowa State was #4. Both teams were ranked in the top 5-10 for home and away match-ups. I miss having a real rival in the BIG XII North.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 10:15 PM)
What an ugly ass game Mizzou/Kansas turned out to be. 27 turnovers for Kansas and combined they shot 4-29 from 3.

And I thought Big-10 basketball was ugly. Very competitive game, though. Cole Aldrich, a guy I haven't really gotten a chance to see this year, is better than I thought.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
And I thought Big-10 basketball was ugly. Very competitive game, though. Cole Aldrich, a guy I haven't really gotten a chance to see this year, is better than I thought.

Cole played like ass today, you should see him without his creepy mask, totally messes him up.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
Yeah he is tremendous on the boards and on defense. His offense is really taking a hit with the Jason mask.

Hell of a game and comeback for Mizzou. Being on the court was amazing. I will say this about KU, their defense was much better than I expected and they got s***canned on fouls.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
Hell of a game and comeback for Mizzou. Being on the court was amazing. I will say this about KU, there defense was much better than I expected and they got s***canned on fouls.

Very similiar to a game a few years ago, big lead and blow it at the end. That game featured Rush, Chalmers, Robinson and Kaun as underclassmen. I think that ended up just fine.

I dont complain about refs, it comes with the territory of a conference road game. Collins hits one of the free throws down the stretch its a ballgame.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Very similiar to a game a few years ago, big lead and blow it at the end. That game featured Rush, Chalmers, Robinson and Kaun as underclassmen. I think that ended up just fine.

I dont complain about refs, it comes with the territory of a conference road game. Collins hits one of the free throws down the stretch its a ballgame.

If you saw a Sox hat on the TV during the game, that was me. Still sportin' the Sox at a Mizzou game.

Bill Self has come a long way as a game coach. From the Illinois days to now. Came out with a good gameplan. Young team got tight in the end of the game. Definitely not as talented of a group as the Rush, Chalmers, etc. group, but this team impressed me. They played solid d for a young team.

As for Missouri games being ugly, it's always that way.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 02:29 AM)
Bill Self has come a long way as a game coach. From the Illinois days to now. Came out with a good gameplan. Young team got tight in the end of the game. Definitely not as talented of a group as the Rush, Chalmers, etc. group, but this team impressed me. They played solid d for a young team.

As for Missouri games being ugly, it's always that way.

Self is really doing a great job with this team, but its good to see him coaching hard even after a title.

No, this team definitely needs one more post player and watch out.

IF Aldrich stays and we add Withey and Robinson and a year of maturation from Morris twins and Thomas then we are set.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker