• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO at the Baseball Cube attributes on Jon Gilmore

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/G/Jon-Gilmore.shtml

Scouting Report

Power: 30

Speed: 1

Patience: 3

...and these are out of 100. I'm guessing they just sliiiiiightly missed the boat here. Just imagine a guy who is so slow that at full speed Paul Konerko passes him like he's standing still.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
Hey now, I am on record several times on this site saying Kenny could turn our system around almost instantly simply by trading our veterans...not many agreed....:)

Well the key is not sacrificing the MLB roster. Farm system means dick if the MLB team sucks. So I will consider all this a major success if one of Fields or Viciedo pans out, if another SP is added, and a leadoff hitter is acquired (Furcal I suppose).

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
a package of Flowers, Lillibridge, Morton and Gilmore would be a just a great package IMO

That would be insane, but then I would doubt Logan as the second player. I can't see how they'd be able to deal Thornton with Jenks available, but maybe Dotel or something?

Anyway, that is a f***ing ton for Javy Vazquez. A f***ing TON. Something is fishy here.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
I really like it. A strong farm system, and in so little time, who knew? We actually have bullets to make real trades now if we wanted. We still have holes to fill at the MLB level now obviously but it's only December.

I might be in the minority here. But I'd like to see us develop our own talent (even if we didn't draft it). If you can land a true impact guy, fine. Other than that, develop them and bring 'em on up.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
That would be insane, but then I would doubt Logan as the second player. I can't see how they'd be able to deal Thornton with Jenks available, but maybe Dotel or something?

Anyway, that is a f***ing ton for Javy Vazquez. A f***ing TON. Something is fishy here.

Too good to be true as far as I'm concerned. It's gonna be a long night/morning wondering who exactly we're getting.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)

It looks like Morton might be a question mark and changed out with Santos Rodriguez. Nothing set in stone yet, but thats still a damn good haul.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
I might be in the minority here. But I'd like to see us develop our own talent (even if we didn't draft it). If you can land a true impact guy, fine. Other than that, develop them and bring 'em on up.

That's what I meant by "real trades." Prospects are really just that until they are proven at the MLB level though. But they have value to the team in and of themselves whether they play for you or not, you absolutely need them if you want to be consistently good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)

i really believe that in 2011 a 2-3-4-5 of beckham, flowers, quentin, viciedo could be really good and really young

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Gilmore is supposed to be a pretty solid player. This could be a really nice package.

s***, Gilmore is a 20 year old third baseman who was a first round pick (compensatory round). He put up very good numbers in short season but struggled in the South Atlantic League.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
i really believe that in 2011 a 2-3-4-5 of beckham, flowers, quentin, viciedo could be really good and really young

Throw in Alexei too. That's like the s*** I used to do in fantasy mode on baseball games. I'd collect all these awesome prospects and then kick everyone's ass with them.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Dec 2, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
Anyone know anything about Gilmore and Rodriguez? Are they legitimate prospects or throw-ins?

Don't know have info on Rodriguez age, but he had 45 ks' in 29 innings of work (16 hits) in the Gulf Coast League. Those are some pretty sick periphs.