Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:16 AM)
So my stepdaughter has this bully, or whatever, who kicked her and called her ugly last week, and then he did it again the next day. She kicked him back but he kicked her again harder. They're in the 6th grade, I guess the kid is fat and pissed at the world or something and decided to take it out on her. I said, fine, next time he does it, lean into him and knee him in the crotch as hard as you can. She was worried about getting suspended, I said if she did, that's fine and she won't get in trouble at home.

My daughter is having similar problems. Kids are just mean, its heartbreaking to see them go through stuff like this

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
My daughter is having similar problems. Kids are just mean, its heartbreaking to see them go through stuff like this

I dread having my kids deal with this type of stuff. It seems like kids are more viscious then they ever used to be, although bullying is pretty much a time honored tradition.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:55 AM)
Not to sound like a dork but did she tell the teacher that the fat f*** kicked her? That should be the first step because then she should have free reign to kick him in the nuts because the teacher didnt rectify the problem.

Completely unrelated.... I have been seeing a floating spot in my right eye for a couple days and its kinda freakin me out.

Well obviously telling the teacher is step 1, but I told her that just in case the teacher can't be everywhere, she can handle her business. If she gets in trouble from school, no way would I follow up on that at home. In fact I'd probably be b****ing the school out.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
Completely unrelated.... I have been seeing a floating spot in my right eye for a couple days and its kinda freakin me out.

Sounds like an occular migraine. I had one, once - the spot got bigger and bigger one morning, until I lost half my vision in one eye. Went to a doctor (I was a little freaked out), and it slowly went away while I was there.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
I dread having my kids deal with this type of stuff. It seems like kids are more viscious then they ever used to be, although bullying is pretty much a time honored tradition.

I have used the "kids are mean, it will get better" line more times than I have needed to already, and she is just 8(9 this year). The problem is that she is kind of chubby, and kids her age are just vicious. Now it is causing a crazy reaction where she is super concerned about her weight and I dont even like where that is headed already

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
Sounds like an occular migraine. I had one, once - the spot got bigger and bigger one morning, until I lost half my vision in one eye. Went to a doctor (I was a little freaked out), and it slowly went away while I was there.

Being in an ER I could just get advice from someone here but I havent even asked cause I know they would tell me all the worst possible scenario's and then I would freak out even more. I dont have any pain though so I dont know if it would still be an occular migraine. I am thinking its the pressure in my eye which I really should keep an eye on(no pun intended). But you saying that has calmed me down so thanx.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 06:55 AM)
Not to sound like a dork but did she tell the teacher that the fat f*** kicked her? That should be the first step because then she should have free reign to kick him in the nuts because the teacher didnt rectify the problem.

Like you see a spot in your eye all the time?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
Being in an ER I could just get advice from someone here but I havent even asked cause I know they would tell me all the worst possible scenario's and then I would freak out even more. I dont have any pain though so I dont know if it would still be an occular migraine. I am thinking its the pressure in my eye which I really should keep an eye on(no pun intended). But you saying that has calmed me down so thanx.

Occular migraine doesn't necessarily have pain associated with it.

Also, yeah, there are all sorts of other bad scenarios possible (cataract, occular tearing or damage, tumor, CVA aftermath, optical nerve damage, some sort of weird parasite), but they are all far less likely.

Sorry, did that make it worse?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
Like you see a spot in your eye all the time?

yeah I see a dark spot that floats around when I look from side to side and up or down. But I dont see it if I'm just looking forward.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Occular migraine doesn't necessarily have pain associated with it.

Also, yeah, there are all sorts of other bad scenarios possible (cataract, occular tearing or damage, tumor, CVA aftermath, optical nerve damage, some sort of weird parasite), but they are all far less likely.

Sorry, did that make it worse?

yeah that tumor word was the one I have been worried about. Cause why not just think the worst for every little thing that your body does strange,right?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 08:16 AM)
So my stepdaughter has this bully, or whatever, who kicked her and called her ugly last week, and then he did it again the next day. She kicked him back but he kicked her again harder. They're in the 6th grade, I guess the kid is fat and pissed at the world or something and decided to take it out on her. I said, fine, next time he does it, lean into him and knee him in the crotch as hard as you can. She was worried about getting suspended, I said if she did, that's fine and she won't get in trouble at home.

My dad had the same train of thought with me and my sister growing up. We were told to never go starting & picking fights, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't stand up for ourselves either.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
My dad had the same train of thought with me and my sister growing up. We were told to never go starting & picking fights, but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't stand up for ourselves either.

My mother told me that if I ever hit a girl that she'd beat the s*** out of me, but if a girl started a fight, she has every right to have her ass kicked. One time this girl slapped me in the face for basically no reason so I slapped her back and she told on me, my mom asked if I had hit her, and why. So I told her, and my mom asked the girl "Why did you just waste my time? You need to be happy he didn't punch or kick you. Get out of my house."

:headbang mom

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
yeah that tumor word was the one I have been worried about. Cause why not just think the worst for every little thing that your body does strange,right?

You work in the medical community, of course you do that. You could have a fever and you'd probably be convinced you have Hanta virus or something.

QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
I know...we all hate having to call your wife.

:lolhitting

I don't blame you. But you guys aren't giving me my commission which is pretty disrespectful. Nothing is free in this world!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)
I don't blame you. But you guys aren't giving me my commission which is pretty disrespectful. Nothing is free in this world!

LOL. You make me think of that sig you have. b**** BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!...... NAH I DONT HAVE YOUR MONEY SILKEY.LOL

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
yeah I see a dark spot that floats around when I look from side to side and up or down. But I dont see it if I'm just looking forward.

I noticed this a few years ago in my right eye, and had it checked out right away. Turns out they are called 'floaters'. I was told not to worry, as the ones I have are not dangerous. Regardless, every yearly eye doc visit, I mention the floaters, just to make sure the docs know they are still there.

Here is an excerpt from AllAboutVision.com

Most spots and floaters in the eye are harmless and merely annoying. Many will fade over time and become less bothersome.

Sometimes people are interested in surgery to remove floaters, but doctors are willing to perform such surgery only in rare instances.

However, the sudden appearance of a significant number of floaters, especially if they are accompanied by flashes of light or other vision disturbances, could indicate a retinal detachment or other serious problem in the eye.

If you suddenly see new floaters, visit your eye doctor immediately

So to be safe, have it checked out right away.

Edited by smalls2598