Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has Monster Quest ever you know, actually found a "monster"? I've seen the show a few times and all they really do is give you some good background on the "monster" they're hunting, interview some people who have had run ins with big foot, show a couple reenactments then a couple guys set up a few traps and motion sensitive trail cameras in the supposed location of said "monster". They do this for a few days, get some good pictures of deer and wrap up the episode. Pretty lame if you ask me.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:58 PM)
Has Monster Quest ever you know, actually found a "monster"? I've seen the show a few times and all they really do is give you some good background on the "monster" they're hunting, interview some people who have had run ins with big foot, show a couple reenactments then a couple guys set up a few traps and motion sensitive trail cameras in the supposed location of said "monster". They do this for a few days, get some good pictures of deer and wrap up the episode. Pretty lame if you ask me.

They have found monsters like Ghost Hunters has found Ghosts. My wife thinks Ghost Hunters is great, i tell her its funny when we have a 1/2 hour of people walking in the dark reacting to every little sound they hear. Monster Quest it kind of inverted, they go out in the wild and create as much noise as possible to draw in the monster.

But no, they never find anything.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)

Most of the monsters are bigfoot by a different name which makes the show boring to begin with. They did find a fresh water dwelling shark that was sort of a monster.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 4, 2009 -> 10:06 AM)
Most of the monsters are bigfoot by a different name which makes the show boring to begin with. They did find a fresh water dwelling shark that was sort of a monster.

There are fresh water sharks.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:16 AM)
They have found monsters like Ghost Hunters has found Ghosts. My wife thinks Ghost Hunters is great, i tell her its funny when we have a 1/2 hour of people walking in the dark reacting to every little sound they hear. Monster Quest it kind of inverted, they go out in the wild and create as much noise as possible to draw in the monster.

But no, they never find anything.

Ghost Hunters sucks hardcore, that s*** is boring. Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel is where it's at. You should check it out, it's really interesting and I've watched every ghost show out there and GA is hands down the best.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
There are fresh water sharks.

I think the episode that he is referring to deals with the Bull Sharks going up the Mississippi river and causing havoc. There was a story about a shark in the early 1900's that attacked a bunch of people in a northern state, I think Illinois or Iowa.

It isnt exactly catching a monster, it is more like catching an animal out of its element. Kind of like the cougar in Chicago.

There was one monster that has been sighted, and that was the Giant/Colossal Squid off the coast of Mexico. Those episodes are a cut above the bigfoot/nessie shows, because the creature truly exists, they just cannot get a good look at it

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
I think the episode that he is referring to deals with the Bull Sharks going up the Mississippi river and causing havoc. There was a story about a shark in the early 1900's that attacked a bunch of people in a northern state, I think Illinois or Iowa.

It isnt exactly catching a monster, it is more like catching an animal out of its element. Kind of like the cougar in Chicago.

There was one monster that has been sighted, and that was the Giant/Colossal Squid off the coast of Mexico. Those episodes are a cut above the bigfoot/nessie shows, because the creature truly exists, they just cannot get a good look at it

Yeah I think that's the one I'm talking about.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 4, 2009 -> 11:59 AM)
Ghost Hunters sucks hardcore, that s*** is boring. Ghost Adventures on the Travel Channel is where it's at. You should check it out, it's really interesting and I've watched every ghost show out there and GA is hands down the best.

You don't watch Most Haunted do you?

Just finished my last Exam! So glad to be done. I had 6 finals over the last week (3 in the past 24 hours) - never gonna do that again. I haven't gone to bed since Saturday night and I'm about ready to crash...

Sleep until ~5 and then off to the free Sister Hazel concert on campus tonight... Thank God for Summer!

QUOTE (NIUSox @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)
After almost 3 weeks of growing a "playoff beard" I have come to the realization that I can not grow facial hair.

Could of told you that. Now that you've realized it, welcome to the club.

The I can't grow full facial hair to save my life club.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)
That's ok fellas. One day your body will start to 'change'. It's called puberty.

after that they can participate in the electric razor thread

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 5, 2009 -> 08:41 AM)
Could of told you that. Now that you've realized it, welcome to the club.

The I can't grow full facial hair to save my life club.

I've got myself a full beard right now.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
I've always wanted a friend named Kyle. simply so i can turn to him and say, "That's Telekinesis, Kyle!"

We arent close enough for you to tell me something like that

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
I've always been jealous of your facial hair growing ability.

Me too. It must be in his genes, if i remember correctly "The Trustee" could always grow it pretty well. Speaking of which is your dad still a trustee?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2009 -> 08:11 AM)
Well, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Hopefully its not swine flu. I haven't had a cold in a long time.

Everyone here is sick.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2009 -> 08:11 AM)
Well, I woke up with a sore throat this morning. Hopefully its not swine flu. I haven't had a cold in a long time.

Well swine flu symptoms are sore throat,over confidence,uncontrollable farting that makes people vomit, and urge to be cheap under any circumstances. So you should probably put a mask on.

you know I love ya buddy.