Official 2008-2009 NFL Offseason Thread

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
The offense isn't really in that horrible of shape, get a league-average O-line and something resembling a serviceable WR corps to help Orton out and it could be "ok." It has Matt Forte, Greg Olsen, Desmond Clark, the other TE whose name I forget but I like, and if there is a bona fide WR to play alongside him, Devin Hester. He seems to be putting a lot of eggs in Chris Williams's basket though. Which, if his back is actually fine, could be fine, but he's pulling another Kenny Williams doing this.

They have the worst WR corps in the NFL, a below average QB in Kyle Orton, and a poor offensive line that lacks depth. Other than Forte, Olsen, and Clark, the offense is one giant hole in my opinion. Even Olin has lost it quite a bit at center the last couple of years, and he was one of the league's best for a while.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
The offense isn't really in that horrible of shape, get a league-average O-line and something resembling a serviceable WR corps to help Orton out and it could be "ok." It has Matt Forte, Greg Olsen, Desmond Clark, the other TE whose name I forget but I like, and if there is a bona fide WR to play alongside him, Devin Hester. He seems to be putting a lot of eggs in Chris Williams's basket though. Which, if his back is actually fine, could be fine, but he's pulling another Kenny Williams doing this.

I think Hester can be one helluva WR. In his first 2 years as a WR, he has more TD receptions and receptions then Steve Smith's first 2 years. I'm not comparing the 2 but there's potential on Hester's part. Give him a nice possession WR (Nicks in round 2, Britt in round 2, Robiskie in round 2) and I think he can be a true #1.

The TE's name you're looking for is Kellen Davis out of MSU.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
They have the worst WR corps in the NFL, a below average QB in Kyle Orton, and a poor offensive line that lacks depth. Other than Forte, Olsen, and Clark, the offense is one giant hole in my opinion. Even Olin has lost it quite a bit at center the last couple of years, and he was one of the league's best for a while.

I used to love Olin. He blows now.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
He's had major busts (Okwo, Bazuin) but he's had good players (Forte, Hester), too. People act like the almighty Steelers have perfect draft after perfect draft, and they haven't. Just take 1 example, Willie Reid. Picked as a WR in the 3rd round out of FSU to the Steelers in 2006, and now isn't even on a team and hasn't been since late August.

Marc Columbo, 1st round pick = not on this team. You're seriously getting upset about a 3rd round pick? I'd be more worried about first and second round picks. Also worried about how Angelo loves to take guys a round or two earlier than projected. He's great at making later picks, but he's terrible in the first round. The Steelers,however, have a much much better track record. The Steelers have had one year of questionable early picks, and that was last year in which one guy suffered an injury and the other was a 3rd or 4th WR to start the year. That's like me hating on Chris Williams.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 01:59 PM)
Marc Columbo, 1st round pick = not on this team. You're seriously getting upset about a 3rd round pick? I'd be more worried about first and second round picks. Also worried about how Angelo loves to take guys a round or two earlier than projected. He's great at making later picks, but he's terrible in the first round. The Steelers,however, have a much much better track record. The Steelers have had one year of questionable early picks, and that was last year in which one guy suffered an injury and the other was a 3rd or 4th WR to start the year. That's like me hating on Chris Williams.

No Limas Sweed is awful.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
Rumor is USC's LB's have tested positive (excluding Maluga) for steroids and that Percy Harvin had a positive marijuana test. Carrol has already came out and said the reports are BS.

There's also a rumor that Orakpo from BC was on something at the combine.

I also just realized that Cushing was the guy that had the ugly girlfriend I kept commenting on. He was just this hillbilly looking white guy, how the f*** was I supposed to know he was a potential 1st round pick, LOL. He didn't look built like a LB, more like a safety. But he's the type of athlete that would fit in nice with the Bears (given how much they love speed) or in a 3-4 system.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2009 -> 06:30 PM)
Rumor is USC's LB's have tested positive (excluding Maluga) for steroids and that Percy Harvin had a positive marijuana test. Carrol has already came out and said the reports are BS.

Clay Matthews Sr. will kill his son if that's the truth. Not literally, mind you.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Not really NFL related except for Tom Brady, but his second marraige to Gisele Bundchen had some interesting happenings, including paparrazzi getting shot at

Yeah, well, you can't really blame them. Those two have to be able to put food on the table. I mean between the two of them they only bring in $87 million dollars a year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
Reggie Williams is not a good player

So far, no he isn't. But Garrard had 1 or 2 good years, got paid, and underachieved this past year. Maybe with a fresh start somewhere he can produce. It's taking a chance on a guy with potential, just like the draft. He's still only 25.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 5, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
So far, no he isn't. But Garrard had 1 or 2 good years, got paid, and underachieved this past year. Maybe with a fresh start somewhere he can produce. It's taking a chance on a guy with potential, just like the draft. He's still only 25.

On top of not being good at the game of football, he's also a f***ing moron.

I imagine we've pretty much seen the last of Reggie Williams in the NFL.