ST Game 1: White Sox vs. Angels

Steve9347

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
I heard a good interview with Coop where he explained the logic...

He basically said the ball doesn't break as well in the dry thin air of Arizona, so if guys focus on it... trying to get pitches to move, they start screwing up their routine. So, he'd rather have them focus on basic mechanics and hitting their targets until later in the spring.

coop is the man

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 01:18 PM)
ah, okay. I was really hoping I could listen to Farmio and DJ.. oh well.

not to sound pompous, but a few weeks ago i went to the notre dame vs. ucla game with my kid. Ed Farmer sat right in front of us so naturally i started hitting him up with questions. first thing he did is pull off his White Sox World Series ring and hand it to my kid to try on. A great guy, and a chatter box!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
Who? And who is Kruger?

was in the cubs organization at one point...hes had decent success at AAA but hasnt really made the big...hes an older guy...27 or so if i had to guess

Flowers D costs a run as he could have blocked a wild pitch apparently...not a good way to impress your manage

Not a huge deal, because he sucks anyways, but Boof Bonser out for the season for the twins

The Twins will likely be without pitcher Boof Bonser for the entire 2009 season after doctors discovered partial tears in the labrum and rotator cuff in his right shoulder during arthroscopic surgery on Wednesday.

Two previous MRIs done on Bonser's shoulder had revealed no structural damage. But the tears were discovered and repaired during the arthroscopic scope performed by Rays orthopedist Dr. Koko Eaton.

Bonser is expected to miss six to eight months recovering from the surgery.

Off-topic I know

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Who? And who is Kruger?

They're non-roster invitees. Torres is a 26 year old speedy middle infielder who spent time in the Baltimore organization the last 2 years and 5 years with the Indians before that. He's just minor league fodder.

Josh Kroeger is former 4th round pick of the Diamondbacks, he was their #7 prospect in 2005. He's still only 26 years old and has put up some very impressive numbers at AAA in year's past, I know there's some people on here who really like him, he definitely has some nice tools. He'll play at Charlotte this season.