ST Game 1: White Sox vs. Angels

Steve9347

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
I really wish Rooney would have stuck around to broadcast with Stoney. Hawk could be the Erin Andrews on the field.

I liked Rooney a lot, but I'll never forget in 1987 when he said he would rather have Gary Redus than Rickey Henderson. That was ridiculous.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
My memory is crappy, but I recall him being pretty bad pitching in AZ.

yeah i think you are right...our pitchers won't have the "coors lite" effect excuse of being in tucson anymore though

thornton gets 1st guy on a grounder to broussard, second guy...getz made a nice play into the OF to grab the grounder and get him at 1st...

Broken Bat blooper just over the head of ramirez....good pitch according to DJ

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
Dotel is just serving up BP at this point

First few outings each spring Coop usually has guys focus on fastballs and getting their location down.

So, it's really hard to judge where pitchers are the first two weeks.

QUOTE (scenario @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
First few outings each spring Coop usually has guys focus on fastballs and getting their location down.

So, it's really hard to judge where pitchers are the first two weeks.

thats true, they did the same thing with floyd last spring, just havin him toss it up there, and every one was wondering they were so high on him going into the season.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
thats true, they did the same thing with floyd last spring, just havin him toss it up there, and every one was wondering they were so high on him going into the season.

On that note they are throttling Gavin back a bit this spring because apparently he is popping the glove in the high 90's and is already in midseason form.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)

I heard a good interview with Coop where he explained the logic...

He basically said the ball doesn't break as well in the dry thin air of Arizona, so if guys focus on it... trying to get pitches to move, they start screwing up their routine. So, he'd rather have them focus on basic mechanics and hitting their targets until later in the spring.

QUOTE (FranktheTank35 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
where can i find the free audio feed? MLB.com wants me to login, then subscribe..

I did the link for the radio that wasnt WSCR and it worked, but WSCR link wanted me to subscribe.