West Regional

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The draws for Missouri are just incredible. They had their names engraved on the Big 12 Tournament Championship trophy for them by all of the upsets there, and now they have a draw that could get them to the Final Four. They get a Cornell team they will run out of the gym, a battered Marquette team who has done nothing without their point guard James (or a Utah State team, who like Cornell, doesn't have the athletes to run with the Tigers), a Memphis team who has no true point guard and can't shoot the ball, and then the weakest #1 seed in UConn who has one of their best players injured. I know this looks stupid and hypocritical of me since I've made fun of Missouri for a while now because they can't win outside of Columbia, but I think the Tigers will win this region.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Memphis looks awful, if it weren't for Sallie hitting 5 3's they'd be down about 10 to a CS-Northridge team that isn't really playing that well.

wow, Sallie only averages 4.5 points/game on the season as it is...

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
Watching the first half, I was prepared to post that Memphis was gonna lose. CSU looked solid.

Towards end when Memphis had 4 point lead, CSU started to panic and chucked up 3s. Was worried but this happens to many high seeds, awful slow start and late breakaway.

Side note, go Purdue, UNI is starting to get cold after that real nice run.

Really wish they wouldn't put that game break in. I personally don't care about the news.

Be nice to see the Miss St. and Washington game. Pretty rough and physical so far, whistles getting blown every second its ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
7 minutes to go up 4 and not one part of you thought they had a chance to pull it off?

Nope. Unlike most, I think Memphis is a top 5 team in the country. I just couldn't see them going out like that. They obviously took CSN for granted. Once it was time for them to make their move, order was restored.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
7 minutes to go up 4 and not one part of you thought they had a chance to pull it off?

I agree with him, there was no point at which I thought Memphis would lose that game, and I have them going out earlier than most poeple in this tournament (in the sweet 16). You aren't going to lose to a 15 seed when some backup guy like Roburt Sallie puts up 35 points and 10 three pointers. They should thank their lucky stars he picked yesterday to have the best game of his life though, because they lose without it obviously.

Edited by whitesoxfan101