Cutler first pitch on Monday???

wilmot825

Since it has been said that President Obama "will be in Turkey" for Opening Day, he won't be able to throw out the first pitch. So why not welcome the newest favorite Chicago athlete, Jay Cutler, to throw out the first pitch? Derrick Rose did it, Obama did it, and now Cutler can be welcomed to Chicago right away on Monday. What are the odds of this happening?

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Unfortunately, there's more of a chance he'd throw out the first pitch at the Cubs home opener....

He could throw both since the Cubs dont open at home. That would be sweet! Then get Pace's fat ass to throw a pitch. haha.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
Since it has been said that President Obama "will be in Turkey" for Opening Day, he won't be able to throw out the first pitch. So why not welcome the newest favorite Chicago athlete, Jay Cutler, to throw out the first pitch? Derrick Rose did it, Obama did it, and now Cutler can be welcomed to Chicago right away on Monday. What are the odds of this happening?

He would probably hurt his arm and sue the Sox. Forget about it

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
Classless post.

You obviously have no inkling about how truly awesome Billy Pierce really is. He's a great guy and he is great towards fans... I think it would be great if he threw the 1st pitch.

I see Billy Pierce ALL THE TIME. He is at every soxfest. Maybe We should have Moose Skowron throw out the 1st pitch next year on opening day?

How is it classless btw? I find the selection BORING.

I see Billy Pierce ALL THE TIME. He is at every soxfest. Maybe We should have Moose Skowron throw out the 1st pitch next year on opening day?

How is it classless btw? I find the selection BORING.

Anyone looking for a thrill or excitement from the person throwing out the first pitch in the home opener is looking for that stuff in the wrong place... minutes later the real thrill and excitement begins when the season starts! So yes, your perspective is classless, snubbing Pierce for receiving the honor. He is a really great guy (how can you use this against him?) and in my opinion deserves to throw it for his contributions to the White Sox family.

I'm sorry everyones lover Barack Obama isn't there, but in reality he wouldn't have made opening day any better, because nothing beats opening day, no matter who throws the first damned pitch.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 11:40 PM)
Anyone looking for a thrill or excitement from the person throwing out the first pitch in the home opener is looking for that stuff in the wrong place... minutes later the real thrill and excitement begins when the season starts! So yes, your perspective is classless, snubbing Pierce for receiving the honor. He is a really great guy (how can you use this against him?) and in my opinion deserves to throw it for his contributions to the White Sox family.

I'm sorry everyones lover Barack Obama isn't there, but in reality he wouldn't have made opening day any better, because nothing beats opening day, no matter who throws the first damned pitch.

get over it. I love pierce, but find him boring. You're classless for attacking me, for having an opinion.