Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

so like when they beat the jets and the defense stepped up to win the game? Your views come off as this...

vikes need a miracle (in sports standards) pass to beat the niners at home and it's an example of how good they are with favre...

saints play a ferocious jets D that was hot at the time, and their D gets three interceptions but because their offense didn't score forty it's a sign that their offense isn't good enough to win every game.

It's ridiculous

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I might as well add that not only does Minnesota have a better defense than New Orleans, but Brett Favre and Drew Brees have produced exactly the same so far this year. The difference is, Minnesota has the best runner in the NFL and can beat you either way where I dont feel the same about New Orleans.

So please explain what makes New Orleans better, its not the D. Its not Brees the stats prove otherwise, it isn't their run game. Please, esplain.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
so like when they beat the jets and the defense stepped up to win the game? Your views come off as this...

vikes need a miracle (in sports standards) pass to beat the niners at home and it's an example of how good they are with favre...

saints play a ferocious jets D that was hot at the time, and their D gets three interceptions but because their offense didn't score forty it's a sign that their offense isn't good enough to win every game.

It's ridiculous

Congratulations, the saints defense picked off a rookie QB 3 times.

And im tired of hearing about the Jets defense. They have FOUR SACKS TOTAL THROUGH 5 GAMES!!! There were different factors that went into the mystery of the Jets "vaunted" defense. Its overblown.

Theres just no way you could convince me right now the Saints are better than the Vikes.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
While I dont think the Bears will franchise Ogun, I think it is insane to think he could be arguably the 4th best on the team. Mark Anderson has done absolutely nothing since his rookie year, Gaines Adams at this point is a huge bust and Alex Brown is above average and consistent. Brown and Ogun are head and shoulders above the other two guys.

Adams has not been a huge bust. If he's a huge bust, what do you call Ryan Leaf? Adams has been productive but not as much as they would've hoped. He had 13.5 sacks in 29 starts, which isn't a bust.

Peterson's left leg (not sure if its the knee or ankle) just got tweaked on a tackle. He had to be helped off the field.

I don't know how you can argue its clear cut that Minn. is better than the Saints. They needed a miracle to beat a mediocre 49er's team.

Oh and they just gave up another TD to the Ravens. Within a score now.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
Percey Harvin's shoulder is messed up again.

That's what you get for arguing about how superior they are :)

Like I care, im not a Vikings fan.

Ide personally rather see the Bears win the division.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
Congrats, the vikings barely beat, at home, a 49ers team having to rely on Shaun Hill. 2 can play that game.

The 49ers are just as good as the Jets record wise, so I don't get what your trying to do there aside from make your OMG THE SAINTS WON WITH DEFENSE AGAINST THE SUPER JETS argument mean nothing..

Peterson and Harvin down with injuries for the Vikes....nice

damnit as i'm typing that peterson comes back on the field.....

as for best team in the NFL...nobody has mentioned the Colts yet, so I will. The saints have played the best and have looked the best...but do I believe they are actually the best team in the NFL? I don't. Also that is a COMPLETELY different team outdoors, but their offense is certainly legit, and their D has improved significantly over years past. Definitely still a very very good team, I'm not ready to say they are the best team in the league though, even though they have looked great

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Is the game over, I cant see the time from where I am sitting?? No time right??

It doesn't matter. Why can't you understand this? If you're the best team in football, you don't let teams come back and almost win in your own stadium. Period. Do you see teams getting back in the game against the Saints or Colts?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
It doesn't matter. Why can't you understand this? If you're the best team in football, you don't let teams come back and almost win in your own stadium. Period. Do you see teams getting back in the game against the Saints or Colts?

Im sorry I cant hear you over the chants of BRETT!!!! BRETT!!! BRETT!!!