Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 08:20 PM)
Vikings win it. Whether they are the best team or not, they are one of the best in the league.

Of course they are. I'm merely not understanding what makes the vikings close victories more superior than the saints...and how the saints beating a 5-0 team in convincing, convincing fashion is not enough to, at this marker, say they've been the best in the league.

but yes, the colts is a good argument. I suppose it's a toss up, I've yet to see the colts besides one womping on MNF or SNF.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
The Bears are going to have a very difficult time winning this division.

No doubt. Though I can honestly say, I can see the Vikings losing a game alot earlier than I can see the Saints doing it. But you HAVE to beat the Falcons tonight as another potential WC contender.

Edited by SoxAce

We'll see. The NFL is crazy.

The bears are going to have their hands full tonight, and I'd really hate to see them go down and have to play catch up against the vikes and pack

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Of course they are. I'm merely not understanding what makes the vikings close victories more superior than the saints...and how the saints beating a 5-0 team in convincing, convincing fashion is not enough to, at this marker, say they've been the best in the league.

Because its not all about the scores, that's what you don't get..

If the Saints passing attack isn't working, like what happened a few weeks ago, except its not against a horses*** team like Buffalo, I have ZERO confidence in the Saints running game to win them games against playoff teams.

There are still questions about their defense as well. Yeah, they've looked better, but well see.

The Vikings can run the ball, they can throw the ball. They can stop the run, they can get to the quarterback. As an overall team, the Vikings are better. If you wanna go style points, fine, the Saints are soooo flashy. Overall team, no way the Saints are better.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
The Bears are going to have a very difficult time winning this division.

This has been pretty clear for quite a while now. However, the Vikings defense COLLAPSED in the 4th today, and considering their next 2 are in Pittsburgh and Green Bay, there is hope they could get a couple of losses up there. Problem is, the Bears next two are in Atlanta and Cincy and won't be easy either.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
they can stop the run they can stop the hoooooooooo flacco for another 20 yards....oooh ray rice for 33

Agreed, Vikings = worst team in the league. It just takes miracles for them to win.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
This has been pretty clear for quite a while now. However, the Vikings defense COLLAPSED in the 4th today, and considering their next 2 are in Pittsburgh and Green Bay, there is hope they could get a couple of losses up there. Problem is, the Bears next two are in Atlanta and Cincy and won't be easy either.

I'm pretty happy that the bengals lost. I have serious doubts we win tonight but I just hope that 60% win pct off the bye comes in our favor.

We've had a lot of misfortune in D injuries. What I need is some better run blocking every week.

The thing about the bears that I think we all feel is that they are a team that will improve with more time with cutler/WR, more time for our LBs to settle in, etc.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 03:32 PM)
If the Vikings are so versatile and superior and well-rounded, why did they need a last-second miracle TD to beat a mediocre 49ers team and a missed FG to beat a mediocre Ravens team?

Why couldn't they just dominate them?

Why did the Colts barely beat the bad Jaguars 14-12? Why did the Colts need a last second TD pass to beat a mediocre Miami team?

It's the NFL, using margin of victory as a debating point is ridiculous. The Vikings are 6-0, the best team in the NFC North, and that's just how it is. The Bears are still in great shape to make the playoffs if they win tonight and that's fine.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Why did the Colts barely beat the bad Jaguars 14-12? Why did the Colts need a last second TD pass to beat a mediocre Miami team?

It's the NFL, using margin of victory as a debating point is ridiculous.

Agreed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)

It's the NFL, using margin of victory as a debating point is ridiculous. The Vikings are 6-0, the best team in the NFC North, and that's just how it is. The Bears are still in great shape to make the playoffs if they win tonight and that's fine.

Your logic is no good here, you need to score 40 points to truly prove you are good.