Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
K, they just went up against arguably the best, fiercest d in the league thus far, and it was their D who beat the s*** out of the jets. So, yeah i think they are a force this year.

I agree,they are a SB contender in my opinion,they have a good D to go with their high octane offense.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
The Eagles without Dawkins?

I'd assume he meant the Jets. But I agree that the Saints are the best team in the league thus far. Their next game against the Giants should show where they stand.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
I'd assume he meant the Jets. But I agree that the Saints are the best team in the league thus far. Their next game against the Giants should show where they stand.

maybe it's because as a bear fan I watch the saints get pounded when ever they come to chicago while the media slobs on their knob. I just don't buy the saints.

My power-poll

vikings

colts

giants

patriots

ravens

saints

You could make any argument for who is the best team but you need to look at a lot of other things while considering it..

The Saints? Their offense has looked pretty meh the last two games.. They beat Detroit, a McNabbless Eagles team, a terrible Buffalo team, and an overrated Jets team. Sure, their defense is good even though they only have 4 total sacks through 4 games for such a "dominating" defense. Either way, their offense is no good anyways.

The Colts? They squeeked by a mediocre Jacksonville team, they should have been beaten in Miami, they beat Seattle big deal.. and they beat Arizona. The Colts are generally one of the better teams in the NFL but they haven't exactly done anything so far this season to make you say they are the best team.

The Broncos? please.

The Giants? They have wins over Washington, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, and Dallas. Washington has problems and TB and KC are going to be picking in the top 5 in April. They have a great rushing game and can get after the QB, and if Eli plays as good as he did last season and so far this season they make a strong case. If his injury proves to be troublesome, you can prolly write them off.

The Vikings? They beat Cleveland, Detroit, San Francisco, and Green Bay. The Packers are a good team, so are the 49ers. Cleveland and Detroit, not so much. They beat the Packers worse than the score showed and Favre was outstanding. Hes pretty much been outstanding in every game so far. They have the best RB in the league, and prolly the best OL and DL in the league.

So there is five undefeated teams, we can cross of the Broncos because they are not one of the best teams in the league.

That leaves us with four. Lets cross of the Saints next, yeah their defense has looked better but two of the teams they have played were led by rookie QBs and Buffalo has been bad on offense. You dont win championships with a video game offense and decent defense. After 4 games, im not going to buy into their defense just yet especially with how poorly it was last season.

Now we are down to three, we can cross of the Colts next. Any team with Peyton Manning on it will contend, and the Colts are always one of the better teams in the league. Miami absolutely shredded them with their running game, and if their defense would have made a stop here or there the Colts lose that game. You need to be able to stop the run, maybe a healthy Bob Sanders changes their defense. They also are relying on Collie and Garcon as young WRs, that may also hamper them at some point in the season as well. They are still good though.

That leaves us with the Giants and Vikings. They both have very strong lines on both sides of the ball, they both are a run first team. You've got a ball control offense with a strong defense that can put pressure on the QB. They both have good quarterbacks. Both of them have everything you need to be a legit super bowl contender. You play defense, you put pressure on the QB, and you can run the ball. You can make a case for either of them, I just think its the Vikings.

Favre was also playing with a bum shoulder at the end of the season last year as well, nevermind that he was 38/39 going to a 4-12 team and almost immediately himself turning them into a playoff team. If Favre is completely healthy all year long, Minnesota is just a scary team.

Its between the Vikings and the Giants right now and you can pretty much be right on with either, but if you compare them to the other top teams.. I think Minnesota would beat any of them..

My power poll would be..

1. Minnesota Vikings

2. New York Giants

3. Indianapolis Colts

4. New Orleans Saints

5. Chicago Bears

6. New England Patriots

7. Baltimore Ravens

8. San Francisco 49ers

Edited by T R U

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 02:09 AM)
1. Minnesota Vikings

2. New York Giants

3. Indianapolis Colts

4. New Orleans Saints

5. Chicago Bears

6. New England Patriots

7. Baltimore Ravens

8. San Francisco 49ers

I love the bears....but we are not better than the Ravens or NE (defense and coaching respectively)

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 02:48 AM)
I love the bears....but we are not better than the Ravens or NE (defense and coaching respectively)

The Bears really should be 4-0 right now, I don't know why you would come to that conclusion but so far I wouldn't say either the Ravens or Patriots are better than the Bears.. at worst they are even..

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 07:36 AM)
Braylon Edwards got LeBron-ed out of Cleveland.

:lolhitting yup

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Braylon Edwards has been traded to the Jets. FoxSports' Jay Glazer reports WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnick, and two draft picks are heading back to the Browns.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 02:09 AM)
My power poll would be..

1. Minnesota Vikings

2. New York Giants

3. Indianapolis Colts

4. New Orleans Saints

5. Chicago Bears

6. New England Patriots

7. Baltimore Ravens

8. San Francisco 49ers

Great writeup Carl. It's nice to see you backing up your statements, and I would agree that the Vikings are the best in the NFL, but they do need to be tested. It's weird how many bad teams there are in the League right now.

The Bears at 5 is interesting... I really think the Pats stink this year and cannot play defense. They are incredibly lucky to be 3-1, as they were gifted wins against the Ravens and the farking Bills. You know BB will have them in contention, but they are nothing more than a paper tiger. I do hope they stomp the ever-loving s*** out of the Broncos so we can stop hearing about them, and playing the Titans and Bucs before the BYE will make them look even better. However, I restate that they just aren't that great.

1. Vikings - If Favre keeps playing like this they are winning the Super Bowl.

2. Colts - Payton is a beast, we all know that. However, this team can really play defense and has a nice 1-2 running back punch to change the pace. They are pass-first, and where you point out that Garcon and Collie are young, they will be getting Gonzalez back at some point soon, and in this case, the QB makes the WRs anyway.

3. Giants - If Eli's injury lingers, David Carr is going to become popular in NY with an actual offensive line and team around him.

4. 49ers - I'm a believer.

5. Saints - The videogame offense seems to have increased the difficulty setting recently, but obviously they will rebound.

6. Ravens - They now have a much-needed chip on their shoulder.

7. Bears - If Urlacher were healthy they'd be top 4. They need someone to step up in the secondary, or they stand no chance to beat the upper echelon teams.

8. Pats - Ugh

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens placed linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo on the injured reserve list Tuesday, just a week after he won the AFC Defensive Player of the Week award.

The Ravens have filled Ayanbadejo's spot on the roster by signing linebacker Prescott Burgess.

Ayanbadejo, a Santa Cruz High graduate who tore his left quadriceps in the Ravens' 27-21 loss to the New England on Sunday, will undergo season-ending surgery, according to the Baltimore Sun.

"It's a big loss," Baltimore coach Jim Harbaugh said early Tuesday, before it had been annouced that Burgess would take Ayanbadejo's place on the roster. "Someone else is going to have to step up."

A three-time Pro Bowler because of his special teams play, Ayanbadejo was playing 20-30 snaps a game on defense, primarily as a pass-rusher.

He also ranks second on the Baltimore defense with 22 tackles, six of which were recorded on special teams.

Burgess was signed Tuesday off New England's practice squad. Drafted in the sixth round by the Ravens in 2007, he was traded to the Patriots on Sept. 22 for a conditional draft pick.

LINK

Edited by BigSqwert

I guess I'm just not seeing the logic in devaluing what the saints are doing because their offense slowed down. To me that shows they are a more complete team. In two games where their offense struggled, their defense picked up. Now against the bills that's not a great feat, or against the jets, but few teams have killer defenses plus killer offenses. The Vikes needed a miracle throw to beat the 9ers when the 9ers were out their best offensive player BY FAR. Gore is the niners offense.

Against bad defenses the Saints blew the teams the hell out of the water, against good/great defenses they did what it takes to win. They have a great QB with tons of threats, and now their D isn't effing them over.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 05:48 AM)
:lolhitting yup

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Braylon Edwards has been traded to the Jets. FoxSports' Jay Glazer reports WR Chansi Stuckey, LB Jason Trusnick, and two draft picks are heading back to the Browns.

This could be a really good move for the Jets

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
I'm genuinely surprised he signed.

I'm sure he left a decent amount of money on the table. He was wanting to get paid a little more than what Heyward-Bey got.

Eugene Parker(his agent) and that whole clown crew didn't help the whole process. They seemed to be waiting and hoping the 49ers lost so that Crabtree would have more leverage, but after a 3-1 start, they gave up and signed. having guys like Deion and Michael Irvin as "advisers" certainly didn't help, surprise surprise.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:40 AM)
I'm sure he left a decent amount of money on the table. He was wanting to get paid a little more than what Heyward-Bey got.

Eugene Parker(his agent) and that whole clown crew didn't help the whole process. They seemed to be waiting and hoping the 49ers lost so that Crabtree would have more leverage, but after a 3-1 start, they gave up and signed. having guys like Deion and Michael Irvin as "advisers" certainly didn't help, surprise surprise.

Dont forget MC Hammer.

Im surprised that players in the league trust Eugene Parker as their advisor/agent. That dude was arrested for soliciting prostitution on the eve of his superbowl appearance with the Falcons, this isnt the guy you want to trust your career with.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
Dont forget MC Hammer.

Im surprised that players in the league trust Eugene Parker as their advisor/agent. That dude was arrested for soliciting prostitution on the eve of his superbowl appearance with the Falcons, this isnt the guy you want to trust your career with.

You have the first name right, but the correct guy you are talking about is Eugene Robinson.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:40 AM)

Well he left at least a quarter of a years salary on the table for starters...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
Wow, they were giving Brendan a lot of snaps on defense. The Bears wanted no part of that

yeah, thats why he left, they only wanted him as a special teams player and were only willing to pay him as one, albeit as the best on in the league. I think the Ravens offered more opportunities ($$$$$$$$)