Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
You're a Bears fan, no? I almost felt like a traitor for going with Willis. But this dude (Willis) is just too sick. And I love Briggs. I got into a very heated argument with some hardcore Bears fans at ESPNZONE on Saturday.

What's the question, "Who is the better LB?" It's really not close, Willis by a substantial amount. Willis is head and shoulders the best MLB in the league, you really have to have 2 pairs of homer glasses on to think Briggs compares.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
What's the question, "Who is the better LB?" It's really not close, Willis by a substantial amount. Willis is head and shoulders the best MLB in the league, you really have to have 2 pairs of homer glasses on to think Briggs compares.

Pretty much. But there was part of me that felt dirty. lol.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
The Pennington injury is a blessing in disguise for Dolphin fans.

Yes it is.

The AFC East is going to be a really fun division to watch for the remainder of the season.

I was a huge proponent of the Bears drafting Willis when he came out (my brother and sister went to Ole Miss so I inadvertently became a fan of the team and absolutely loved Willis) by trading Briggs to the 'Skins and taking Willis at #6. Most people wanted Landry if we made that trade but I wanted Willis so bad. I can't complain with the decision b/c Briggs has played great for the Bears, but I was really hoping at the time that we'd trade him b/c I was pissed at him... Oh, and yes, Willis is better than Briggs.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
Carl is happy.

Indeed I am.

Also, whats with the Pennington hate? You know he finished second in the MVP voting last season right? QB rating of 97? You guys act like he was some over the hill scrub who was holding Henne back or something. If it wasn't for Chad Pennington Henne might not be where he is right now in his development as an NFL QB.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 05:35 AM)
Indeed I am.

Also, whats with the Pennington hate? You know he finished second in the MVP voting last season right? QB rating of 97? You guys act like he was some over the hill scrub who was holding Henne back or something. If it wasn't for Chad Pennington Henne might not be where he is right now in his development as an NFL QB.

I really think that statement is over-rated in the NFL, a QB is going to be good because of his talents, coaching, and the team around him. The affect of watching another QB play for a season and giving him pointers is going to be minimal. Unless Henne had a maturity issue, drug issue, etc. that Pennington helped him get over he had little to do with the development of Henne. Not too mention, if Pennington wasnt there they would have some other veteran QB on the team giving him advice anyways.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
Colt McCoy

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Jimmy Clausen

Jevan Snead

Jake Locker

Ryan Mallett

Pick your top NFL QB prospects in order.

Bradford

Clausen

Locker

Snead

Mallett

McCoy

Tebow

As for LB's, what about Mayo? I'd say him and Willis are equal.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)
Bradford

Mallett

McCoy

Tebow

Snead

Locker

Clausen

McCoy is not a pro prospect. I'd bet he doesn't go in the first round. He's a shotgun QB 98% of the time. Clausen is a pro-style QB. If you mean what order they'll succeed, I'll change mine. If you meant in what order they will/should go in, I'm keeping mine.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

When is the last time there have been so many absolute dogs*** teams in the NFL?

Rams

Browns

Raiders

Bucs

Chiefs

Titans

Panthers

Bills (underachieving a lot)

Lions (getting better though)

Redskins

That's almost 1/3 of the league. 4 are winless, 2 (Rams and Browns) might not even win a game all year.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
When is the last time there have been so many absolute dogs*** teams in the NFL?

Rams

Browns

Raiders

Bucs

Chiefs

Titans

Panthers

Bills (underachieving a lot)

Lions (getting better though)

Redskins

That's almost 1/3 of the league. 4 are winless, 2 (Rams and Browns) might not even win a game all year.

It is why we are going to see at least a few 9 win teams not make the playoffs and probably even some 10 win teams. There will be quite a few 12 win teams this season, imo.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 13, 2009 -> 06:36 AM)
Bradford

Clausen

Locker

Snead

Mallett

McCoy

Tebow

As for LB's, what about Mayo? I'd say him and Willis are equal.

Yeah, Mayo is a beast as well. It was a lot of fun watching him every Saturday 2 years ago. He wreaked havoc on opposing offenses then and is a big reason we went to the SEC championship that year.

I'd ranks those QBs:

Bradford

Clausen

Locker

Mallett

McCoy

Snead

Tebow