Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
How do teams never learn that they can't leave time on the clock for Brady or Manning?

I was wrong. Ha

No flag on the guy going after Orton's legs on that last sack. Balt got flagged for less on Brady. Maybe it's the BRADY Rule and can only be called for him? Ha

Edited by Brian

well one thing i can say with confidence....denvers offense is much better suited for orton's strengths than ours is...and i also believe ours is better suited for cutlers strengths than theirs is ....kyle looks really good...lots of short, high percentage passes....not to mention good receivers and a great Oline helps

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
WOW should have been offensive pass interference on marshall and orton should have thrown an INT right there....big call for denver

Receivers can do whatever they want to CB without getting called for PI generally. Yet a CB can't touch a receiver beyond 5 yards without getting a penalty and you basically can't hit a QB anymore on D.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 05:44 PM)
I think it's time for some of the naysayers to put Denver in the conversation for best team of the year thus far.

I think I'll wait for the end of the year. They still play @ SD, SD, @ BAL, PIT, NYG, @ IND, and @ PHI. Right now, they'll finish with 10-11 wins.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
Indeed. But it's not how you start, it's how you finish. :D

O-Line didn't look good at all, something needs to be done to cut down on all of the bone-headed mistakes during the bye week. Receivers dropped passes, the D choked on a late drive again. But even with all of that Miles Austin sets the record for most rec. yards by a Cowboy. This team's a little retarded, but I'll take the W.

PS. I had Miles Austin starting in the Soxtalk league this week, I feel bad for whoever I'm facing.

Don't worry. I'm not too far behind with Manning + Clark still to play. :headbang

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
I think it's time for some of the naysayers to put Denver in the conversation for best team of the year thus far.

No chance in hell I'm going to do that yet. They still have a tough schedule, I still think they have a mediocre quarterback (although he was great today), and perhaps most of all, I still don't think their defense (which has carried them this season) can continue to play this well. They deserve credit for how they are playing right now though obviously.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 05:44 PM)

Why? Lemme know when they beat one of the top teams..

People need to get off New Englands nuts, their better days are behind them now and a horrible fumble and a wide open dropped pass is separating them from 3-2 and a very deserving 1-4

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
The Cleveland-Buffalo game may have been the worst of all time.

And surely it'll be the end of Dick Jauron, it has to be.

Wonder how TO is taking it all right now also.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)

People need to get off New Englands nuts, their better days are behind them now and a horrible fumble and a wide open dropped pass is separating them from 3-2 and a very deserving 1-4

Exactly. People need to understand that NFL teams can put up entire 11-5 seasons without beating anybody. That's how it is in the NFL, and that's why the NFL playoffs are so great (especially after the crap is eliminated in the 1st round).

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Don't worry. I'm not too far behind with Manning + Clark still to play. :headbang

I think we're in different leagues...I'm currently up 210-99. I also had Roddy White starting. And who I'm facing only has Thomas Jones & Dallas Clark left to go.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Agree 1000%.

i'm going to pull a dennis green here ....i know it was preseason (but who treats the 3rd preseason game like its bulls***? bulls***!?!) but the bears handled the broncos on the road in the 3rd game, and destroyed the giants in the somewhat less important second game....i know preseason is preseason, but given the fact that those teams are a combined 10-0, and it was in the 2 most important preseason games, and that the 1st team crushed their first teams....i at least think its noteworthy

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Derek Anderson is probably gonna finish 2 of 17 passing for 23 yards, yet Cleveland will probably win on a FG here at the end. This maybe the worst game ever.

This has to be some sort of a record for fewest completed passes and fewest passing yards in a "complete game win" by a starting QB... at least in the last 40-50 years.