Twins (2-2) @ White Sox (1-2) 7:11pm CSN

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
I love Jenks as much as anyone. But if we can get a ton of value for him, go for it. We need to max our value now in this transitional phase in our organization. Lots of draft picks, and lots of talent to reload for another championship run. We should be reloading for Project 2011 which is when we reload with a strong youthful core.

People can say his declining velocity is "him learning how to pitch", but I call it "a glaring sign we need to trade him while he still has value".

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 04:03 AM)
People can say his declining velocity is "him learning how to pitch", but I call it "a glaring sign we need to trade him while he still has value".

Yep, his K/9 innings last year was a huge warning sign. I know his velocity was up on opening day (adrenaline), but he looked worse than ever on Thursday with his fastball. He needs to start using his offspeed stuff more to get ahead in the count.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
And this ball game is over. I can't be the only masochist here who watched the entire thing, can I?

Nope I did. I always will watch if I can, there is always reason to watch, like CQ's at bats, and Fields, and Getz.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 03:05 AM)
Nope I did. I always will watch if I can, there is always reason to watch, like CQ's at bats, and Fields, and Getz.

Yep, if you're going to stay in on Friday night to watch the Sox, might as well watch the whole thing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
Yep, his K/9 innings last year was a huge warning sign. I know his velocity was up on opening day (adrenaline), but he looked worse than ever on Thursday with his fastball. He needs to start using his offspeed stuff more to get ahead in the count.

I was sitting behind the Sox on deck circle about 25 rows up on Thursday, and his stuff looked horrible.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)

Regardless of what people say, he did not induce any more ground balls than usual last year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)

To me, its more of his value right now versus his arbitration years. With how bad some closers

I think his cost and his value now is at his highest if he has a good year.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 03:07 AM)
Regardless of what people say, he did not induce any more ground balls than usual last year.

Remember how it was almost impossible to homer off of Jenks? Over the last month of last year, it seemed to happen a lot more often.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Remember how it was almost impossible to homer off of Jenks? Over the last month of last year, it seemed to happen a lot more often.

was just gonna say teh exact same thing...he only gave up 3 last year, and 2 in 07....

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 09:19 PM)
I can not wait to watch Corky Miller tomorrow.

I wonder if Ozzie is ballsy enough to leadoff Brent Lillibridge tomorrow with Getz hitting the bench after a pretty damn good game today.

A Lillibridge + Miller + Anderson combo against Liriano should be fun.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)
A Lillibridge + Miller + Anderson combo against Liriano should be fun.

i'll bet betemit plays as well....which will be brutal watching him hit vs. a lefty

Someone who should be mad that his mother had sex with her brother called into the postgame show with this gem. "Someone ran onto the field tonight, uh, duh, do you think this is happening now because of the declining play since we won the world series in 2005."

Yup, someone actually put that to enough thought, to call a radio station and say it. Awesome.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Has MacDougal been sent down or released yet? If he doesn't want to throw a strike, there's really not much reason to have him around. Tonight's game was pretty sickening but at least we get to see Corky Miller bat tomorrow.

They have sent him down before, changed his delivery a bit, did everything you could think of. Think about this, the one thing that Coop does as good as anyone is to fix flaws in mechanics. MacDougal probably either can't be fixed, or doesn't want to fix. They showed video tonight where his head was looking at the ground during the release. How the hell do you think you can throw a strike when you are looking away. Send him down to the minors, and keep him away from the majors. If he doesn decent down there then see if you can get someone, anyone to pick him up. In fact, I wonder if they can outright him to AAA and take him off of the 40 man. Maybe someone picks him up on waivers. God that would be a dream.