White Sox @ Tigers 12:05pm CSNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
I can only watch from gamecast but looking at his velocity any signs he may be hurting?

The real problem is that he keeps missing high... not by a little bit... by alot.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
I've seen a couple of 93 and one at 96 after he was pissed off after the homer, when he was facing Inge.

Cold weather...Gavin just doesn't seem to be loose and he has no confidence with his command and he's standing straight up (as noted by Hawk and Stone).

HOME RUN DERBY. So much for the theories about Quentin's wrist not being ready to go.

Didn't he throw a 1 hitter in 7.2 innings last year in sleet against Detroit in Chicago?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
I've seen a couple of 93 and one at 96 after he was pissed off after the homer, when he was facing Inge.

Cold weather...Gavin just doesn't seem to be loose and he has no confidence with his command and he's standing straight up (as noted by Hawk and Stone).

HOME RUN DERBY. So much for the theories about Quentin's wrist not being ready to go.

The natural thing that happens to pitchers when they have command problems is to aim the ball. You drop velocity, and try to force the pitch into zone. Then sometimes, your command gets worse and it waterfalls from there.

lol, I was going to make a snide comment mocking the people predicting a down year for Quentin after a couple of meh games to open the season, but several people have done that already and I don't have to.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
Gavin is just going to have to try and grind his way through a few more innings.

The tigers listen to your request by making Gavin work for 5 pitches as they follow up his all over the place performance with swinging away.