Swisher is currently PITCHING for the Yanks

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
I guess Nick Swisher wasn't a "true White Sock." Damn, that man for enjoying himself and being frustrated when he was benched!

For the record I NEVER liked Nick and I made it well known around here even before he was bad with the Sox.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in the New York area, means I get both YES and ESPN 1050 pretty regularly. It’s awful, I don’t know if any of you heard about this one, but Kay actually led the charge that drove Latroy Hawkins out of town for not giving up #21. Why? Because that was Paul O'Neil's’s number, and he was a true Yankee.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 10:09 AM)
For the record I ALWAYS liked Nick and I made it well known around here even before he was bad with the Sox.

this is why I will seek vengeance upon you all the days henceforth...

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
Apparently Xaiver Nady is heading for Tommy John surgery.

How hard would Cashman laugh at KW if he called up offering Wilson Betemit, Jeff Marquez, and Jhonny Nunez for Swisher and his entire contract?

8 games into the season, Swisher is an MVP candidate, but he's always been streaky. He'll fall apart pretty soon. Money is no object for the Yankees, but its huge for the White Sox. I still think KW did well to rid himself of Swisher despite his red hot start.

People always forget that certain players that stink in one system can thrive in another. It is the reason many think BA may be better off elsewhere than here in Chicago. Swisher is a decent player and may go on to be a HOF player (doubtful) but it wasn't going to happen here in Chicago. He just did not seem to excel here and I doubt his recent performance was just clearing his head in the offseason.

The new Bill Simmons podcast is up and they have his buddy, who is a Yanks fan, on talking about how he loves Swisher and his attitude and personality. I was just thinking, "Wait til he starts hitting .200".

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
This thread is going to be adorable when Swish finishes the year hitting about .246, with 28 homers, 88 RBI's and a .356 OPB.

And it will be even more adorable if he finishes .278 with 38 homers, 118 RBI's and a .376 OBP

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Well, Swisher is the new clean-up hitter for the Yankees.

Yet he couldn't start over DeWayne Wise over the last month for the White Sox. The Yankees must be getting really desperate.

Are you kidding with this post? Swisher is one of the hottest players in baseball. They are going to ride his hot bat until it cools down. I don't think they are desperate by any means.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
Well, Swisher is the new clean-up hitter for the Yankees.

Yet he couldn't start over DeWayne Wise over the last month for the White Sox. The Yankees must be getting really desperate.

Yankees desperation move: putting a hitter with a 1.500+ OPS through 32 PA in the cleanup spot. (not to mention that .815 career OPS, .850 in '06+'07)

White Sox desperation move: putting a 31 year old career minor leaguer in the leadoff spot / putting Brian Anderson in CF / signing a 33 year old Scott Podsednik to be the backup plan in CF

I wish the Sox were in a position to make desperation moves like this one.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)
He was?!

.261/.469/.435/.904 w/ 1 HR & 9 walks through his first 32 PA last year and .269/.457/.538/.996 through 35 PA, it was only downhill from there. 10 games later his OPS dipped below .800 and wouldn't reach that mark again for the remainder of the season.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
.261/.469/.435/.904 w/ 1 HR & 9 walks through his first 32 PA last year and .269/.457/.538/.996 through 35 PA, it was only downhill from there. 10 games later his OPS dipped below .800 and wouldn't reach that mark again for the remainder of the season.

Ok, I remember a horrible May that would make anyone forget about his expected numbers he put up in April.