Sox @ Rays, 12:38, CSN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
I understand the 7:11 starts for the Sox, but whats going on with the 6:08, 6:38 starts for the Rays?

Their television probably comes on the air at 6:00, and they probably want 8 minutes before the first pitch. I think the start time is just a little more accurate. It used to be for many teams 7:00 which actually meant 7:05 or so, now 7:11 or 6:08 is the scheduled time to start playing, not maybe for the national anthem or the time the team takes the field. I think Sox games really used to start at about 7:07 so the 4 extra minutes probably gets them a couple more commercials in addition to what 7-11 is paying for the starting time.

Edited by Dick Allen

Almost think we'd be better off with Clayton Richard starting and holding back Floyd for the Orioles. That .375 BA of LH batters against Floyd doesn't bode well.

Barons game wiped out...probably many in Southern, Carolina and SAL today eviscerated.

By the way, it would be very ironic if Carl Pavano beat the Yankees.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)
Almost think we'd be better off with Clayton Richard starting and holding back Floyd for the Orioles. That .375 BA of LH batters against Floyd doesn't bode well.

Baltimore has some fantastic lefty hitters though.

Harrelson is convinced he (Garza) has diversified his arsenal from just FB and curve to add a decent change-up and slider...leading to newfound success again LH batters.

Okay, prematurely jinxing Pavano no-hitter (through 3 innings)...I can't believe he can even get up and down that line-up with no hits, no BB's and 2 K's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Gross....Getz takes a called 3rd right down the plate, and then Lillibridge swings at a 58 footer on the 3-2 count. I don't care that he walked a few times the other day...batting Lillibridge 2nd against a RHP is just stupid.

He seems overmatched at this level. But, then again we have Alexei struggling too. Players off to bad starts or is Lilli not ready to play at this level with the bat?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 19, 2009 -> 05:50 PM)
He seems overmatched at this level. But, then again we have Alexei struggling too. Players off to bad starts or is Lilli not ready to play at this level with the bat?

Lillibridge is a high caliber MLB base runner...and an average AA hitter.